Honeymoon Discussions

Couples Swept Away - Anyone ever been??

Booked our Honeymoon for the end of September this year!! Wohoo!!!

We have been to Couples Tower Isle in Ochos Rios a couple years ago. Last year we got engaged in the Dominican. The fiance has been dying to go back to Jamaica though.. That was pretty much the only place he wanted to look at for honeymoons. I really wanted to check out Negril beach because I've heard amazing things about it. Couples Swept Away fit the bill!! Anyone ever been there?? I expect an amazing time because we had such a great time at Tower Isle but just wanted to see what anyone else thought who has been there.

Thanks!!

Re: Couples Swept Away - Anyone ever been??

• I went in September for my honeymoon and loved it! My mom is a travel agent and it's her favorite place to go so I figured I couldn't go wrong. The beach is definitely the best part, the pools were small and not so great. Which was fine with me, because I go for the beach. The vendors got a little annoying, you just want peace and quiet and they are walking by all day screaming "cigars!". It's like shut the fuck up.

The activities were great, definitely take advantage of the sunset catamaran cruise, snorkeling, paddle boarding etc. We love casual food so we were obsessed with the pool grill- burgers, wings, hot dogs, nachos. We were diasppointed that it was closed during dinner from 5-10pm and we had to actually get dressed and eat at the dining rooms. But the dining rooms were delicious. There were a few stray dogs & cats running around that were so cute, everyone feeds them so the dog will come right up and just lay next to your beach chair lol.

• We're looking at Jamaica for our honeymoon. This was one of the resorts I looked at but then almost took off the list because of the name (stupid I know). I just can't get past the whole getting swept away thing.

But it does look like a good place. The Mister wants to look at the Bahai or whatever it's called.

• We are going to Couples San Souci! I actually found a Facebook group called Couples Sans Souci Fans. I'm pretty sure there is one for each of the resorts. You can get a pretty good idea from the group of what to do and what not to do - a lot of people in the group go every year, so they know what's worth the time and money and what's a waste of time.
    The message boards on Couples' website is nice too, but not quite as convenient as the Facebook group.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards