Snarky Brides

Facebook overshare snark

1234568»

Re: Facebook overshare snark

• Another girl I went to HS with (I need to unfriend some of these people) posts a status every time she gets hit on. Totally obnoxious. She usually recaps the entire thing about some guy flirting with her or asking her out and then ends it with her reaction which is something like "uhh no thanks" or "ummm... okay." 

So today she posts something and it says like "today during lunch this man walks up to me and politely asks me to grab a beer with him sometime and i do my usual routine of politely smiling back and saying "no thanks!"  ... And then like 2 people "like" it, wtf. Since HS she has changed a lot, looks-wise, and I think she wants everyone to know that she's pretty now and gets hit on. Ummm.... okay. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• edited March 2015
    I'm getting really close to deleting a girl I went to HS with from FB.

She's really into all those 'sell from home' pyramidy scheme type things. And she's constantly snarking on how there is so much more to life than a '9-5' job and that she's working her way towards her bliss through self marketing etc etc etc.

She constantly posts things about 'people my age are constantly getting married, having babies and settling down and I'm like Nope! I wanna travel!'

Which is fine. Except she had a baby at 15. So she currently has a 13 year old. And every other day she's complaining about the struggles of being a single mom and how she wishes she could find a man.

She pretty much contradicts herself every other day.

I finally had to snark directly to her the other day because she aimed her sales pitch at me. FI and I love to go on hikes and have been doing a lot this winter. While the exercise is obviously beneficial, we find it relaxing and do it as a way to unwind after work. I post 1 hiking picture, maybe once every 2 weeks.She sends me a message saying something along the lines of

"I see you are having a great time on your path to a healthy life. 
    How close are you to your goal weight? While exercise is great,
    diet and supplements are important too! I sell body wraps that can lose 
    you inches overnight! I also have this weight loss coffee that I think
    you would greatly benefit from. It will get rid of your pesky last 10lbs in no time!'

I think i sat with my mouth open in sheer astonishment for a solid minute.
    I have never ever posted that I was trying to lose weight. Sure I could stand to lose a couple pounds, but to blatently state that she thought I was at least 10lbs overweight???

WTF!!!

• I'm getting really close to deleting a girl I went to HS with from FB.

She's really into all those 'sell from home' pyramidy scheme type things. And she's constantly snarking on how there is so much more to life than a '9-5' job and that she's working her way towards her bliss through self marketing etc etc etc.

She constantly posts things about 'people my age are constantly getting married, having babies and settling down and I'm like Nope! I wanna travel!'

Which is fine. Except she had a baby at 15. So she currently has a 13 year old. And every other day she's complaining about the struggles of being a single mom and how she wishes she could find a man.

I finally had to snark directly to her the other day because she aimed her sales pitch at me. FI and I love to go on hikes and have been doing a lot this winter. While the exercise is obviously beneficial, we find it relaxing and do it as a way to unwind after work. I post 1 hiking picture, maybe once every 2 weeks.She sends me a message saying something along the lines of

you would greatly benefit from. It will get rid of your pesky last 10lbs in no time!'

I have never ever posted that I was trying to lose weight. Sure I could stand to lose a couple pounds, but to blatently state that she thought I was at least 10lbs overweight???

WTF!!!

Oh that would be a fucking auto-defriend for me. After a VERY scathing message back.

Did you respond?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I finally had to snark directly to her the other day because she aimed her sales pitch at me. FI and I love to go on hikes and have been doing a lot this winter. While the exercise is obviously beneficial, we find it relaxing and do it as a way to unwind after work. I post 1 hiking picture, maybe once every 2 weeks.She sends me a message saying something along the lines of

WTF!!!

Duuuuuude. That is ridiculous!!
  • chibiyui said:

WTF!!!

Oh that would be a fucking auto-defriend for me. After a VERY scathing message back.

Did you respond?
    Yes I did respond. Had to leave it for 10 minutes and calm down before I did because I wanted to be the bigger person.

"Thanks for the info on your product. I am currently quite content with the way I look, to be honest I think I look damn sexy. I have to be honest, I am a little put off by your sales pitch and I think that in the future you should think twice before commenting on someones weight, no matter how helpful your intentions are. And while I know that you are just trying to make a living with all these different products you sell, If I ever were to want to lose weight I would do it the old fashioned way. Diet and exercise. I am not one to buy into fad drinks and pills and such. Please do not contact me again in regards to any sort of sales pitch. Thanks."

You are such a better person than I.
    waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more diplomatic than I would have been

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• chibiyui said:

WTF!!!

Did you respond?
    Yes I did respond. Had to leave it for 10 minutes and calm down before I did because I wanted to be the bigger person.

"Thanks for the info on your product. I am currently quite content with the way I look, to be honest I think I look damn sexy. I have to be honest, I am a little put off by your sales pitch and I think that in the future you should think twice before commenting on someones weight, no matter how helpful your intentions are. And while I know that you are just trying to make a living with all these different products you sell, If I ever were to want to lose weight I would do it the old fashioned way. Diet and exercise. I am not one to buy into fad drinks and pills and such. Please do not contact me again in regards to any sort of sales pitch. Thanks."

You are such a better person than I.
    waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more diplomatic than I would have been
    It was hard. Really hard. I typed it very angrily. While drinking wine. And swearing.
  • I'm not kidding-I just received a facebook friend request from a two-day-old baby.

A bloke I knew in uni married this woman who was super clingy, immature, controlling, and loved to talk about her 'immaculately curated' social media (I mean, it's facebook and instagram, hardly Tutankhamen at the Met!). This was also a woman who decided that their wedding was a good place to do a 6 song music set as if she was Mariah Carey doing dinner theatre.   But heyho- good for them if he is happy. 

They just had their first baby, and I swear within 36 hours of birth she made a facebook page for him. It is all in the 3rd person "I'm baby X, I love milk and working out my lungs".

Conversely, I have another friend who recently had a baby and she posted "I'm trying to keep baby off of social media. I'd love for you to come meet them, so please email me and we can meet for a coffee or come over for a glass of wine. I'm happy to share photos privately, but want to reduce baby's digital footprint until they are old enough to understand". It was quite possibly one of the most refreshing things I have ever seen on facebook.

My face between reading the latter and the former was this: image
  • I'm not kidding-I just received a facebook friend request from a two-day-old baby.

A bloke I knew in uni married this woman who was super clingy, immature, controlling, and loved to talk about her 'immaculately curated' social media (I mean, it's facebook and instagram, hardly Tutankhamen at the Met!). This was also a woman who decided that their wedding was a good place to do a 6 song music set as if she was Mariah Carey doing dinner theatre.   But heyho- good for them if he is happy. 

They just had their first baby, and I swear within 36 hours of birth she made a facebook page for him. It is all in the 3rd person "I'm baby X, I love milk and working out my lungs".

Conversely, I have another friend who recently had a baby and she posted "I'm trying to keep baby off of social media. I'd love for you to come meet them, so please email me and we can meet for a coffee or come over for a glass of wine. I'm happy to share photos privately, but want to reduce baby's digital footprint until they are old enough to understand". It was quite possibly one of the most refreshing things I have ever seen on facebook.

My face between reading the latter and the former was this: 
    See, I actually find these parents really fucking annoying. Like, sure, so whatever you think is best for your kid. But the need to announce it in a holier-than-thou way is fucking obnoxious and AW-ish. 

My face between reading the latter and the former was this: 
    See, I actually find these parents really fucking annoying. Like, sure, so whatever you think is best for your kid. But the need to announce it in a holier-than-thou way is fucking obnoxious and AW-ish. 
    I agree, because if you're close enough to go get coffee and meet the baby, you would say this in a phone call or e-mail off Facebook. 

• I feel like I'm friends with so many of your friends on here - I've experienced much of the above. My solution for by-the-minute selfies, hourly wedding drama, daily pregnancy and potty training updates: unfollow, unfollow, unfollow, unfollow.
  • peachy13 said:
    Another girl I went to HS with (I need to unfriend some of these people) posts a status every time she gets hit on. Totally obnoxious. She usually recaps the entire thing about some guy flirting with her or asking her out and then ends it with her reaction which is something like "uhh no thanks" or "ummm... okay." 

So today she posts something and it says like "today during lunch this man walks up to me and politely asks me to grab a beer with him sometime and i do my usual routine of politely smiling back and saying "no thanks!"  ... And then like 2 people "like" it, wtf. Since HS she has changed a lot, looks-wise, and I think she wants everyone to know that she's pretty now and gets hit on. Ummm.... okay. 
    I have a Facebook friend who does this. She also likes to make it seem as though she's the only person in the world who ever gets hit on and goes into a play by play of how it happened because you know, no other person has ever had to deal with that. It's so incredibly annoying. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Friend of mine recently married (there's a ton of snark just over that in itself) and his wife posts pictures of her naked belly literally every day. 

The worst overshare recently has been the "We can only afford the $150 pet deposit for a small animal, and with the baby due in a few weeks, we want to find a dog that doesn't have an adoption fee"......if you can't afford the additional $50-200 to adopt a rescue animal because you have a baby due soon then why are you trying to get a dog?! 

All I wanted to say was "You do realize that dogs cost a lot more than an apartment and adoption fee right? There's food costs, vet costs, toy and training costs, and the time you'll need to spend with it, not to mention you'll have a newborn on your hands in less than a month. How are you going to afford your newborn and a dog, not to mention give the dog enough attention and training seeing as you both work?" 

They seriously stress about having what they need for the baby but they just have to have a dog too, because "OMG the pictures we could take with the baby!"

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• BrandNewJ said:

@daria24‌ I'd love to see that dress if there's a way to protect her privacy. That sounds like a snarkfest waiting to happen.

I have a fb friend from hs who got married over a year ago. Daily, since getting engaged she has posted a new picture of her engagement/bridal shower/ wedding/ honeymoon whatever the most recent thing was. WE GET IT, YOURE MARRIED! Chill out. If I wanted to see your pictures I'd check out your profile. Don't try to force to look at that shit 

Wait until she gets pregnant, there will be an ultrasound pic. Then the inevitable pics of EVERYTHING junior does! These are people who get blocked immediately.

• sheknows6 said:

Friend of mine recently married (there's a ton of snark just over that in itself) and his wife posts pictures of her naked belly literally every day. 

The worst overshare recently has been the "We can only afford the $150 pet deposit for a small animal, and with the baby due in a few weeks, we want to find a dog that doesn't have an adoption fee"......if you can't afford the additional $50-200 to adopt a rescue animal because you have a baby due soon then why are you trying to get a dog?! 

All I wanted to say was "You do realize that dogs cost a lot more than an apartment and adoption fee right? There's food costs, vet costs, toy and training costs, and the time you'll need to spend with it, not to mention you'll have a newborn on your hands in less than a month. How are you going to afford your newborn and a dog, not to mention give the dog enough attention and training seeing as you both work?" 

They seriously stress about having what they need for the baby but they just have to have a dog too, because "OMG the pictures we could take with the baby!"
    Bet you anything they rehome it within a year.
  • Ah, that sure seems like way too many photos. But if she is so happy and excited that she had to share, good for her! To put it into perspective, we're here wasting our time with 1000's of comments complaining about her happiness while she's out there being happy. Who's the joke really...?
  • Ah, that sure seems like way too many photos. But if she is so happy and excited that she had to share, good for her! To put it into perspective, we're here wasting our time with 1000's of comments complaining about her happiness while she's out there being happy. Who's the joke really...?

So, you're unhappy?

Anniversary

So, you're unhappy?
    Unhappy enough to sit here replying to your comment instead of out playing :)
  • Deliberate lack of share/passive aggressive snark

I've mentioned how SMIL was posting constantly about missing BIL following his death...to the point of posting something new every time someone else within the same circle posted something positive or happy. Got to the point of sensing this was less about missing BIL and more about her getting attention, sympathy, etc.

She stopped posting quite so much. However, last week was the 1st anniversary. I noticed people were posting on BIL's memorial page. Come to find out, SMIL specifically posted messages on BIL's page and her own asking people to share a happy memory, and based on the time frame and responses, she deliberately excluded DH and I from seeing this/commenting/participating in the good memories. I only saw because of other people's posting(s). 

She has further posted a photo of BIL from our wedding. One that was of BIL and DH. But she cut out DH. She's updated her cover photo, to show her, FIL, and BIL. It is clear from the passive aggressive behavior, that she does not consider DH family, and will happily cut him out of any appearance of being related to BIL and FIL.

If it weren't for the fact that she's not worth my time and FB fights are stupid, I'd post something calling her out directly on her bullshit.
  • Deliberate lack of share/passive aggressive snark

I've mentioned how SMIL was posting constantly about missing BIL following his death...to the point of posting something new every time someone else within the same circle posted something positive or happy. Got to the point of sensing this was less about missing BIL and more about her getting attention, sympathy, etc.

She stopped posting quite so much. However, last week was the 1st anniversary. I noticed people were posting on BIL's memorial page. Come to find out, SMIL specifically posted messages on BIL's page and her own asking people to share a happy memory, and based on the time frame and responses, she deliberately excluded DH and I from seeing this/commenting/participating in the good memories. I only saw because of other people's posting(s). 

She has further posted a photo of BIL from our wedding. One that was of BIL and DH. But she cut out DH. She's updated her cover photo, to show her, FIL, and BIL. It is clear from the passive aggressive behavior, that she does not consider DH family, and will happily cut him out of any appearance of being related to BIL and FIL.

If it weren't for the fact that she's not worth my time and FB fights are stupid, I'd post something calling her out directly on her bullshit.
    I think it's time for you to unfriend her, block her, unfollow her, whatever so that you don't see any of this anymore. Clearly her posting habits are upsetting to you and despite the fact that you say you know she's not worth your time, it seems like you spend a lot of time thinking about this.

• I think it's time for you to unfriend her, block her, unfollow her, whatever so that you don't see any of this anymore. Clearly her posting habits are upsetting to you and despite the fact that you say you know she's not worth your time, it seems like you spend a lot of time thinking about this.

Well, my last comment was over a month before this latest and final event.

Don't need to unfriend her- looks like she did it for me, but I can see limited information on her profile, such as the wedding photos from DH's and my wedding where she's clipped out DH in everything. (Realized this today when looking at some of the funny stories people were sharing about BIL, and accidentally clicked on her name).

No more worry of that drama queen popping up in the news feed!
  • -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• I don't mind a few cute kid pics on facebook. I do mind the mom who apparently is like the 24/7 paparazzi for her baby. The baby turned one a couple weeks ago and my entire news feed was baby birthday pictures for days. There were at least 90 pictures posted. The "birthday" cake was bigger and more expensive looking than our wedding cake. 
  • princessgracekelly said:http://jezebel.com/rabid-moms-attack-other-mom-for-posting-too-many-baby-p-1698142174

Have you ladies seen this?

I did see that, and saw that
    most people think the letter writers are terrible people who should just unfriend, or unfollow, or block. Or that, "Some people, like close family, enjoy those details!"

However, the letter states that the mom was posting pictures or news when the child crawled off its mat. If that's true, then I'm guessing the offending mom is the type who posts a status update an hour. My parents and in-laws are dying to become grandparents, and I think even that level of minutiae would piss them off. 

The letter is mean, and probably not the best way to handle things, because a responsible friend who was that concerned about the crazy-obsessive person would just have a polite conversation about the root cause that drives someone to overshare. The mom sounds attention seeking and bored as fuck-- maybe she needs to get out of the house and have some adult time. 

Clearly I overanalyzed this. 

• Conversely, I have another friend who recently had a baby and she posted "I'm trying to keep baby off of social media. I'd love for you to come meet them, so please email me and we can meet for a coffee or come over for a glass of wine. I'm happy to share photos privately, but want to reduce baby's digital footprint until they are old enough to understand". It was quite possibly one of the most refreshing things I have ever seen on facebook.

Faith in humanity restored...for now!
  • mikenbergermikenberger member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2015
    I have a NWR Facebook snark...

One of my acquaintances from HS is having a set of twins; identical boys. She and her husband have already had 3 boys before them. She's throwing her own baby shower. AND she's on mandatory bedrest with this pregnancy (the twins are not doing super well - one is not flourishing as well as he should in the womb). So she can't even really interact with her guests and host. It's all on her husband. But she's registered for the twins (and it's a LARGE and expensive registry).

I can't help but feel slightly annoyed. She's throwing her own shower for her 4/5th kids. She's had 3 boys before these 2. Don't they have hand me downs for some of this stuff? And she can't even host the party that she's throwing. But she's bound and determined to have this party before the twins get here. 

Ughhhhh.

ETA: I was invited to said shower. I have not seen said HS acquaintance in 10+ years. What?

• I have a NWR Facebook snark...

One of my acquaintances from HS is having a set of twins; identical boys. She and her husband have already had 3 boys before them. She's throwing her own baby shower. AND she's on mandatory bedrest with this pregnancy (the twins are not doing super well - one is not flourishing as well as he should in the womb). So she can't even really interact with her guests and host. It's all on her husband. But she's registered for the twins (and it's a LARGE and expensive registry).

I can't help but feel slightly annoyed. She's throwing her own shower for her 4/5th kids. She's had 3 boys before these 2. Don't they have hand me downs for some of this stuff? And she can't even host the party that she's throwing. But she's bound and determined to have this party before the twins get here. 

Ughhhhh.

ETA: I was invited to said shower. I have not seen said HS acquaintance in 10+ years. What?
    Ugh, this. I have friends from back home whom I haven't seen in (at least) several years who are popping out kids. Some of these people I 'follow' on Facebook, but there is virtually no interaction with these people. I never reach out to them, they never reach out to me, except when they are expecting. Yet despite being 2,000 miles away, they send me a baby shower invite or baby announcement, usually electronically because they don't have my address. I never directly hear from these people unless they are getting married or having a baby. Gift grabby? Oh yes. Do they get anything from me? Hell no.
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards