Not Engaged Yet

FRIIIIIDAYYYYYY

2»

Re: FRIIIIIDAYYYYYY

• @KeptInStitches hahaha I've definitely done that before. 75% is great! It shouldn't take you too long to finish.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @twodimes - I also used those exact same ones and passed them on to Elle#s. I'll give her a shoutout to see if she still has them!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @swazzle @twodimes after my wedding I passed them on to @buddysmom80 so I believe she was the last one to have them, as far as I know.

@southernpeach89 yes totally sisterhood of the traveling wedding accessories. It was my something borrowed even though I didn't wear it.

Anniversary

• lmcooper86lmcooper86 member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    edited April 2015

@lavenderfields13 @TwoDimes @labro @Peaseblossom55

At my last appointment the seamstress took the lace from the jacket that went with the dress and measured me and the lace and cut it to make the illusion neckline that I wanted, and pinned the gathers that I wanted in the front to change the neckline a bit. She pinned everything on and we had it all figured out, and I left it with her to sew.

When I got there last night (thankfully with my mom and my sister) she said that the lace was really fragile and a bit of it had ripped and she'd had to add a layer of something (some sheer fabric) behind to reinforce it, and that we had to be careful not to tug the dress down too hard. We got the dress on me and the neckline was just totally effed. The gathers made the chest way tighter than when she'd pinned it all and we couldn't do the dress up all the way, she'd made the shoulders on the illusion neckline too tight and the dress was sitting way too high, and the lace on the neckline was all skewed off to one side. Bad.

I essentially looked like a child playing bride dress up in a very poorly fitting dress. That's when  may or may not have cried just a little bit. We figure that when she added the fabric to reinforce the lace something must have shifted and then it just got sewn on wrong.

She had to take out the stitches at the back of the neckline to that we could get the dress to sit where it's supposed to on my body, and then decided we had to scrap the gathers to make it a sweetheart neckline; it was making the dress too tight at the top and also made me look like I was wearing a cone bra lol. She ended up taking off all the lace for the neckline and re-positioning/re-pinning the whole thing; basically starting all over again on that.

It looked fine when it was pinned when we left. She said she would do the work this weekend and I'm going back on Tuesday night. Fingers crossed that it actually turns out this time. I was so stressed and upset though that I forgot to ask her about doing the bustle, so I'll have to add that on Tuesday. Blah.

The other stuff is just all details that we thought we had sorted out that now aren't going to work. Crap with placecards and some stuff from our venue and the colour of my veil is wrong with the dress and a bunch of other things. Just too many little things that have gone wrong and the combination of all of that is stressing me out a bit.

ETF typos, my keyboard is sticking today!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @lmcooper86 Sorry it was such a disaster at your fitting.  It sounds like the fixes will work, so I'm sure it will look great when you go back.

Anniversary

• AlPacinaAlPacina member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2015

@southernpeach89 - Hopefully having to stay at your desk is only a temporary thing. Every once in a while we get "reminded" of rules like when we have to be at work and when we can leave and such, but after a month or two everyone typically goes back to their old ways, haha.

@lmcooper86 - A not-surprise surprise bachelorette party! That sounds like so much fun! So lame that your co-worker ruined it though. :( I am also sorry that things to be going wrong. I'm so sure your wedding will end up perfect though!

@TwoDimes - When I took my dog to the dog park for the first time, the first thing I did was give him a ton of his favorite treats, and showed him that I had more. He went off to play, but every time he came back/near I would give him a treat. Now he's awesome at not running off and coming when I call him.... Just something to try. Your little girl's all grown up and graduating! *sniff*

@Hummingbird125 - I hope your bachelorette party is AMAZING!

@eilis1228 - Awwww, I want to try that flavor of Shiner! But alas, I've never even seen that brand in a store around here. And we have A LOT of beer stores, haha.

ETF: spelling

• aww @lmcooper86 that would stress me out too! Fingers crossed everything is perfect on Tuesday! Just keep telling yourself everything is going to be fine - 3 weeks from now is the best day ever!!

• @AlPacina I hope that happens...because it totally throws off my after work schedule and gives DH and I less time to prepare for things like errands and dinner.
  • @lmcooper86 - I'm so sorry your fitting went so badly. Sending all the dress vibes that your seamstress gets it right this time!

• @bethsmiles - NEW APARTMENT, WOOOOO!!!!!

• phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    HAPPY FRIDAY!

Weird day at work; I've got a meeting in about an hour, but besides that, it's mostly just paperwork/planning type stuff. I'm supposed to go out with my undergrad later and grab some drinks (she recently turned 21), but I think I'm going to push for that to happen as a late lunch/early dinner so I can go to the gym afterwards and not be home TOO late.

Tomorrow, I have to work for a few hours. I was hoping to run the experiment today, but my cells just aren't ready. Then, J and I are having a nice dinner downtown before going to see an opera together. I can't wait, but I have no idea what I'm going to wear. Not that I think it's an actual problem, but since people tend to dress a lot more casually for stuff like the opera or the symphony, I'm almost always overdressed when I go. It's hard to figure it out!

Sunday morning, I'm heading out to the 'burbs to see the Cinderella movie with my grandmother and my mom. I might stop by work after that, since I've got an on-going experiment and should check on my cells at least every other day. Why not just check them at work on Monday? Because ...

Monday's the marathon!!! I have to get some sign supplies for it. Two of my uncles are running this year, so we're going to try to time it so we can spot them and show off my sign skills. I could go into work if I needed to, since the T will be running, but I've taken the T on Marathon Monday before, and it's The Worst.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • lmcooper86 hopefully now everything works for your dress. Maybe it is a good thing you found out about your surprise so now you have something to look forward to.

AlPacina that's a good idea for the dog park, I may need to borrow that trick. 

@everyone going out for @hummingbird125's bachelorette, have lots and lots of fun  

So I was told that I am the perfect candidate for invisalign.  The dental office is having a promotion with Invisalign next month, so I will be attending that event to get fitted for my invisalign.  I am so excited.  I had braces as a kid, but the retainer never fit and the orthodontist cut my gums jamming it in, so I refused to get a new one.  Since then my teeth have shifted to almost as bad as they were prior to braces.  

Tonight, my bf and I are having a date night at one of the local brew pubs. Then the rest of the weekend we will be painting and packing. For anyone doing house work, if you have an Ollie's nearby I suggest checking it out.  Everything they have is almost half the price of the other stores. 

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @phira My experience (at least with our local major theatre) is that you get a crazy mix of dressed up people down to people in super casual (shorts and sandals) outfits. So I say do what you want! If you're going out for a nice dinner beforehand, I'd definitely dress up. So what if there are people at the opera who are under-dressed? For me, getting dressed up for a special date night just makes it extra fun and memorable.

• @speakeasy14 - What kind of retainer did your orthodontist try to give you? Mine is just strip of wire basically super glued to the back of my teeth. I barely even notice that it's there. I highly suggest it once you are done with the invisalign so you don't have to worry about your teeth moving again! 

• @bethsmiles I have the permanent retainer on the bottom.  The top was the plastic one that was molded to my teeth.  
  • @speakeay14 - Ah, BF has one of those plastic ones and he hates it.

• Happy Friday! It's the day before school vacation so it's a mad house. We are basically doing activities all day since the kids are not in the position to learn. Everyone needs this vacation after all of the craziness in March (no days off).

This morning we had a dance party in the cafeteria and then a volleyball tournament after that. Only one more hour until FREEDOM and I can't wait!!

I only have one appt scheduled over the vacation for my first dress fitting/alterations. Other than that, it's me, my couch and my TV for the rest of the week. I should probably think about addressing my invitations. I still have the feeling like I am forgetting something major for the wedding. I have booked all of the major vendors and have ideas for decor and such...but I just feel like all of the wedding excitement hasn't sunk in or hit me fully! I want to start feeling more like a bride, I guess. I still feel like I'm just planning a big party.

Anyone have any ideas for fun things to try or do over this week? I would go to the marathon but I don't want to deal with crowds.
  • @500days when is your wedding and when are you sending invites out? I always forget when people don't have tickers lol

• 500days I lived in southern Mass so my ideas are all there; I loved exploring all of the old forts in New Bedford and Acushnet.  I also loved going to Newport this time of year since there aren't any tourists. 
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @labro Yeah, I think I'll definitely end up overdressed. J will almost definitely wear a suit, so at least we'll match in terms of formality! The "fancy" dinner we're having isn't a super fancy place, but it's pricey (Summer Shack mmmmmmmm). Either way, I like looking pretty.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards