Wedding Invitations & Paper

Adding Accommodation Info

After driving myself crazy with wording on my invitations and changing my order eleven times (deceased parents, out of the picture parents, paying for our own wedding... basically just drove myself nuts with wording), I completely forgot to order accommodation insert cards. Instead of ordering again, waiting for shipping, and spending more money, I am going to put this information on nice paper (probably will use business card paper) and put it in with the invitations.

I am wondering which option is better:
1) Put the hotel information (3 different hotels at 3 price points. If three seems too much, keep in mind that one is on the water and really pricey, one is downtown and close to the reception but about $100 less than waterfront, and the other is much more affordable but about 5 miles away from the venue)
2) Direct guests to the wedding website, which has nothing on it but hotel information
3) Some other option I haven't thought of

I do feel like this is important to include as I am not originally from where we are getting married and therefore all of my friends/family are coming from out of town. I didn't have this information when I sent the Save the Dates, though some people have asked about it and started reserving rooms. 

Thank you in advance for your thoughts/opinions.

Re: Adding Accommodation Info

• edited April 2015
    I would go with 2 - refer invitees to your wedding website for hotel block info.

• We had 3 hotel options and we fit them on our insert. If I remember right, we did it like this:

Hotel Blocks - all must be booked by (date) to secure discounted rate
    JW Marriott - $XXX - call ###-###-#### and mention Smith-Jones wedding
    Holiday Inn Express - $XXX - use link www.whateverlinkwas.com
    Local Hotel - $XXX - call ###-###-#### and mention Smith-Jones wedding

It didn't take very much space on our 4x6 insert. But we also had the info on our website in case anyone lost the insert. If it fits on your insert, go ahead. If not, just list your website.
    *********************************************************************************

• We had 3 hotel options and we fit them on our insert. If I remember right, we did it like this:

Hotel Blocks - all must be booked by (date) to secure discounted rate
    JW Marriott - $XXX - call ###-###-#### and mention Smith-Jones wedding
    Holiday Inn Express - $XXX - use link www.whateverlinkwas.com
    Local Hotel - $XXX - call ###-###-#### and mention Smith-Jones wedding

It didn't take very much space on our 4x6 insert. But we also had the info on our website in case anyone lost the insert. If it fits on your insert, go ahead. If not, just list your website.

I think that this is great info. You don't have to include addresses I think. Any reasonable person can Google them or simply ask over the phone what their address is if they wanted to know. I think just putting contact info and price is fine.
  • Thanks for the input! I think I'll go with the shortened version and the wedding website address.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards