Not Engaged Yet

WR: What do you think of this idea?

My mom sent this to me to see what I thought. I would change the cutesy poem at the beginning and some of the photos requested. Do you think this is fun or not? I know most people do wedding hashtags and stuff like that now- I don't use Instagram so I wouldn't do that. I kind of like it but if most people would think it's cheesy I'd skip it.
Thoughts?

• Table Games: I Spy
  • Table Games: Mad Libs
  • Table Games: Booklets
  • Table Games: Booklets
  • Table Games: Guess Who?
  • Table Games: Board Games
  • Yard Games: Cornhole
  • Yard Games: Ring Toss
  • Yard Games: Jenga
  • Yard Games: Horseshoes
  • Yard Games: Oversized Board Games
  • Group Games: Flip Cup
  • Group Games: Rock Band
  • Group Games: The Shoe Game
  • Group Games: The Shoe Game
  • Group Games: The Kissing Game
  • Group Games: Stand Up, Sit Down

1/19

Table Games: I Spy

Not only is this fun for kids and adults alike, but it's a wonderful way to get extra photos from your wedding. Ask your guests to use their digital cameras or smartphones to capture the moments even the best photographers sometimes miss. Add a line on your “I Spy” card with an address where guests can upload photos (try one of these apps!). Bonus: With digital cameras, you don't have to worry about wasting money developing less-than-stellar photos from disposables.

Photo Credit: Blue Moon Designs/Etsy

Re: WR: What do you think of this idea?

• I think that could be fun! I don't know if everyone participate but it's a nice option and you'll get some different pictures.
  • It could be fun, but I wouldn't include anything that forces people involved to pose for anything. Like, if you have tens of people all asking the groom to pose with his dad? That would get really annoying for them and distract from the fun.

• We didn't do 'I Spy' but we did use a wedding picture app where our guests could upload pictures.  Since it was a DW, we got all sorts of pictures from our guests' adventures.

I think it's a lot of fun to get pictures that your guests take because they know you-they love you and they're not the 'canned' ones that the photographers do.

I think I  spy is a cute idea, you're not forcing anybody to play if they don't want to.

Anniversary
  • I think some people would find this a lot of fun, especially
    if they are teenagers who aren't thrilled to be out with their parents on a
    weekend night. It would be neat to see what kind of pictures you get! I agree
    with PP though, make a list of things you can get candidly so people aren't interrupting
    some of the key guests, or really any guests, to get pictures.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Daisypath Anniversary tickers'> 
  • love this idea!!! agree with PP though...keep it to candid shots
  • It's a cute idea, my photographer captured most of those types of shots too. 

Anniversary

• phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    It's a pretty benign idea. Like, as a guest, I wouldn't feel one way or the other about it.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • I think it's fun, especially, like @Loves2Dream says, for teenagers who might otherwise be bored.  Agree with only candid shots though.  

My sister and BIL (both English majors) had Mad-Libs at their reception: one to tell the story of how they met, and one each to help them "write their vows".  I was skeptical of games at a wedding reception, but we had the best time.  At the end, when it was mostly just family and closest friends left, one of the groomsmen, who has a real flair for the dramatic, picked up a collection of the best ones and read them aloud.  I actually like games at a reception now, especially fairly unintrusive ones like this!  (Of course, I also love group dances like the Electric Slide, so I'm a bit odd.)
  • that's a good point @alpacina and everyone else that mentioned the shots that would interrupt people. I don't know what the chances are of me actually doing this since it would be one more thing to add to my list of millions of things to do!

• I like it, but I agree with PP's about watching out for things that might interrupt people. I saw a similar idea on another site but it wasn't only picture related, which I think I like better. It was a video game "achievement" (which basically means nothing apart from bragging rights) type of scavenger hunt, and had things like "try every type of beer offered", "take a picture with 5 people in the photobooth", "take a picture with every hat in the photobooth", "try the signature drink", etc. 

FI and I have a lot of friends who are into video games and we really like this idea, and will probably try to do it if we have time. But we will just set out a sign explaining it and box of printed tasks/score cards for anyone who wants to do it, probably near our guest book. It won't be mandatory but it seems like something a lot of our guests would enjoy, even the ones who don't play video games. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards