Not Engaged Yet

Tuesday

2»

Re: Tuesday

• @CocoBellaF Yeah I don't have a helmet, so I think a mattress would be the next best option. I may opt to just drive in to work tomorrow simply because we're on the ground floor and have an interior hallway that would be a lot safer than a 2nd-floor apartment. Thanks for the advice! I was going to PM you to ask what you thought, but you beat me to it! :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @phira - I never watched Lost when it was on TV. I started it a week or 2 ago and I'm really into it and work is dead so I'm watching here all day :)

@eilis1228 - I am but I suspect the drugs I got from the doctor has something to do with that. 

• Morning everyone!

I wasn't online yesterday at all, I was very rudely awoken by a text from one of my coworkers at SIX IN THE MORNING asking what happened at work the night before because apparently my close on Sunday night wasn't good? Which was news to me because I completed all tasks despite being very busy and I always walk through the store before I leave to make sure I didn't forget anything and that everything is in order. Anyway, of course that seriously pissed me off (as you know I am currently the new "lets complain about someone" target at my store) and so I told my boss to call me (which she didn't) and then buried myself once again into my job search. When I got to work I did talk to my boss who reprimanded my coworker for texting me and she showed me this page-long list of everything they found wrong with my close?? And like last time, it was all very vague, a lot of it was things I KNOW got done, and even more was stuff that I walk in to when I open. My boss understood that the entire list is an exaggeration of things that aren't even possible, we've worked together a long time and she knows it would be out of character for me to leave the store a mess. I would NEVER. I really don't know WHY I'm being bullied but I don't have the time or patience to deal with these people. I never responded to my coworker and as far as I'm concerned if they're gonna make exaggerated lists to try to get me in trouble or make me feel insignificant, I can do the same thing. This girl has been a supervisor for less than two weeks and I have years of seniority over these people. They are messing with the wrong person.

In other news, I have made the decision to get myself some business cards so I have an easy way to give my contact info out, my job is a great place to network since a lot of customers are professionals in the field I want to be in and I just don't have time to talk in detail about that stuff during a morning rush, so I am gonna go to staples later and get that done. I also have finals this week so I am gonna be spending every free moment at the library so I can get everything done on time and hopefully not get a C on my economics exam like I did on my midterm. I ordered a fancy Erin Condren planner to try to get my shit together and have everything written down, does anyone use those or other planners to stay organized? I definitely need one, because I am a hot mess right now lol.
  • @Swazzle - Sending you more healing vibes!

@CocoBellaF - I would totally have a pet alligator if it acted like a dog. That would be adorable.

@Dignity100 - Thanks for the advice on the chip scanning! Do you know how much that costs? I never would have thought of that!

@Loves2dream - I totally get the bored feeling. This is typically when I pick up a book I've been hearing abut. For some reason the lull in my life + reading makes me feel more satisfied. If you don't like to read, maybe try a craft project? I just started a present for my friend's baby and that's been filling in a lot of down time too.

----------------------------------------------------

I am still SO SORE from my hike on Sunday, but because I didn't run yesterday I HAD TO today. Holy hell, I can barely walk now..... But my Jamba Juice breakfast makes me so happy. AND it was finally warm enough to run in shorts for the first time this year! It feels so freeing!

It was 4/20 yesterday, so I went to a recreational pot store in Washington. They had live music, tons of staff, discounts on products (which are still way expensive, comparatively), and it was just an overall fun experience. We watched The Giver last night. I loved it.

BF has agreed on the Costa Rica vacation again. He just wants to change one day around......... I don't understand him.

• @eilis1228 YES! The noon meetings, can we stop this madness please?!?!?

@phira good luck tonight!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers'> 
  • @Alpacina I love to read, I have tons of books I haven't read yet but for some reason since I started dating BF I all but stopped reading (he reads a lot still). Something inside me just started saying "Get your ass up, lady." So now I have a guilty feeling when I read but I should try to do more of it again. It's not like I am reading Playgirl (anymore).
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers'> 
  • Good luck with your meeting, @lmcooper86!!  It sounds like a great opportunity!
  • @lmcooper86 Yay for closing tomorrow!!!!!!
  • @lmcooper86 Good luck with your meeting and your closing! So much to be excited about right now! I hope your dress fitting goes smoothly tonight and that from here on out there are no more last-minute fiascos. Also, I'd let other people sort out the day-after brunch plans. Just focus on getting everything squared away for the house and the wedding right now. <3

@Loves2Dream Noon meetings are seriously the worst. Luckily it's a webinar, so I can probably eat while I listen.  

@Swazzle I'm glad you're starting to feel better, even if it's just the meds working their magic! :)

@futuremrshistorian My coworker's daughter is their only child, so that's likely where part of the distress is coming from-- no more tax breaks at all! She's also a helicopter mom, so her relationship with her daughter drives me nuts as it is. She keeps openly complaining about how this job is now costing her money and how she and her husband should just move to a bigger house so they can get a new tax break. So annoying!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @AlPacina - I just ask my vet at the annual appointment 'can you please scan my dog to make sure you can locate the chip' and they do it.  It's a pretty quick test (seriously it's like 30 seconds), they have the 'chip finder' and they scan around the neck area, then around the front legs if the chip isn't found (they can migrate, especially on loose-skinned pets).  As far as re-chipping (or the initial chipping), I think my vet charged $35 - it'll very based on vet and based on which company they use (Avid, HomeAgain). 

I wasn't sad that Loki's got lost, his was registered primary to the rescue I got him from and I was only a secondary contact, now I'm primary and my parents are secondary.  Nessie is listed as primary - me and secondary - her breeder.

Anniversary
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @swazzle I hadn't watched Lost either until pretty recently. It took me a while to get really sucked in, though (like, season 4 ish), but then DOWN THE RABBIT HOOOOOOOLE I went.

@eilis1228 Your coworker is an entitled privileged jerk, if you hadn't noticed! Geez! I haven't been claimed as a dependent since I was 22 and in college!
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @phira - I'm at the beginning of season 2. Some of the things that happen are just.... so weird.

• @ellis1228 - Your coworker sounds nuts.  Helicopter parents drive me crazy!  Occasionally I get one with one of my students.  Luckily I can use FERPA as an excuse not to talk to them.  I just don't understand them--my parents were the opposite of helicopter parents, so I developed a really strong independent streak.

@Imcooper86 - I partly expected to get sick after my defense...last week it was the depression and this week apparently it's the sinuses!

Thanks everybody for all the good vibes.  I'm feeling much better after a little more sleep and a significant amount of Sudafed!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards