Knottie Tech Help

Logging me out

After I read a thread and go back to the main page of the board that I am reading, I keep getting logged out. I had to log in multiple time this morning. What's going on?

Re: Logging me out

• Hey @arrippa,

Are you on desktop or mobile?

This is a known issue on mobile that our tech team is still working to get to the bottom of. But let me know if this is happening on desktop too.

Thanks!
    KR
  • arrippaarrippa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2015

Desktop.

ETA: It did it again after I just posted. it seems to always log me out after I post.

• Can you try clearing your cookies and cache? We had some back-end changes pushed out early this morning that might be causing this. If it still happens after you clear let me know and I'll have tech investigate further!

Thanks!
  • It's happened twice since I cleared my cookies and cache.

• Hey @arrippa,

I've alerted tech of this issue! Can you let me know what kind of computer you're using and the browser?

Also, is the logging out not allowing you to do anything, or is it just showing that you're not logged in at the top, but you're still able to do everything normally? (Like it looks in my screenshot?) Just want to cover all the bases here.

Thanks!
  • Dell Computer running IE 10.

It logs me out but I still have full access to everything.

• I've been getting logged out about once a day since the change. 

Same, but multiple times a day. On both Mobile and Desktop.
  • It's still happening and it's very irritating. I had to log in at least four times this already.
  • I have had this problem as well.  I find that if I click on the link to the main page of CC or whatever, that's under my reply box, I do not get logged out as often.  If I hit the "back" button, I will more likely be logged out.

At home I hardly ever have to log in and I'm using a laptop with Chrome.  At the office, where I need to log in each time I open my browser, its IE 11.

• I'm having problems this morning.  I login, got to the community page and it logs me out.  I login, takes me to my home page.  I'm caught in a vicious cycle.  Login, go to my page, click on community, logged out. 

• I have had this problem as well.  I find that if I click on the link to the main page of CC or whatever, that's under my reply box, I do not get logged out as often.  If I hit the "back" button, I will more likely be logged out.

At home I hardly ever have to log in and I'm using a laptop with Chrome.  At the office, where I need to log in each time I open my browser, its IE 11.

I've noticed this as well. Not as often as PPs, but I am finding I have to log in every day where I stayed logged in indefinitely before.

• Having a similar issue as everyone, except when I close my browser (Firefox) it logs me out. I use to stay "logged in" for days! (Could go straight to the community to start posting w/o login)

I've noticed this as well. Not as often as PPs, but I am finding I have to log in every day where I stayed logged in indefinitely before.

Having a similar issue as everyone, except when I close my browser (Firefox) it logs me out. I use to stay "logged in" for days! (Could go straight to the community to start posting w/o login)

Yes- this...  me too!  
  • Hey everyone, I'm really sorry about these issues still. Tech is actively working on a fix for this but unfortunately I have no updates just yet.

Thanks for your patience, I really appreciate it! Let me know if you run into anymore issues.
    KR
  • If I hit the back button I get logged out every time.

• It's getting worse. Every time I open the community page, I have to log in. Every time I post something, I have to log in. It's making me not want to even post here.
  • arrippa said:

It's getting worse. Every time I open the community page, I have to log in. Every time I post something, I have to log in. It's making me not want to even post here.

Are you actually being logged out? I am showing as logged out (currently logged out and it's telling me to sign in) but I can post on the boards just fine without issue.

• arrippaarrippa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2015

arrippa said:

It's getting worse. Every time I open the community page, I have to log in. Every time I post something, I have to log in. It's making me not want to even post here.

Are you actually being logged out? I am showing as logged out (currently logged out and it's telling me to sign in) but I can post on the boards just fine without issue.
    I am actually being logged out. The quote button is gone and the reply button it takes me to another screen to sign in. I am always signing in.
  • arrippa said:

arrippa said:

I am actually being logged out. The quote button is gone and the reply button it takes me to another screen to sign in. I am always logging in.
    Oh man :( that sucks. Sorry.

Every time I log off the computer it logs me out as well (on the desktop)...  It's one thing if you could sign in and it'd kick you back to the previous page you were on, but navigating back is a pain..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards