Wedding Party
Options

Sister and maid of honor

edited April 2015 in Wedding Party
I come from a small family, just me and my sister.  She is the older sister and seems to do everything in her power to always make everything about her.  I was married in 2001 and she was my maid of honor and she was married in 2014 and I was her maid of honor (by obligation, not by choice).  Her husband and her never invited my fiancé to be a part of the day.  He is legally blind and does not drive and he was excluded from the limo.  I am now getting married to my fiance and I don't want her as my maid of honor.  My fiancé and I are having a hard time including her in the wedding at all, but I know I want her involved.  Is it wrong not to ask her to be my maid of honor? 

Re: Sister and maid of honor

• Options
    You are under no obligation to ask anybody to be your MOH. Even if she and her husband invited your fiance to be a part of their day, weddings are not tit for tat.

• Options
    Of course you don't need to ask her. It sounds like you don't really like her, so I have no idea why you WOULD ask her.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options

I come from a small family, just me and my sister.  She is the older sister and seems to do everything in her power to always make everything about her.  I was married in 2001 and she was my maid of honor and she was married in 2014 and I was her maid of honor (by obligation, not by choice).  Her husband and her never invited my fiancé to be a part of the day.  He is legally blind and does not drive and he was excluded from the limo.  I am now getting married to my fiance and I don't want her as my maid of honor.  My fiancé and I are having a hard time including her in the wedding at all, but I know I want her involved.  Is it wrong not to ask her to be my maid of honor? 

Okay as shitty as this may sound, your sister and her husband did not have to include your FI into their wedding day.  As long as he was invited to the wedding that is as far as they had to go to include him.  Now would it have been nice for them to allow him to ride in the limo since he is legally blind and can't drive?  Sure.  But since they didn't then you could have said that since you would need to drive your FI that you would not be riding in the limo.  Or as you most likely did, made other arrangements with friends or family to help get your FI to the wedding.  But really they didn't do anything wrong by not including him in their wedding.

As for your upcoming wedding, if you don't want your sister to be your MOH then don't ask her. Easy as that.

• Options
    Why do you want her to be involved in your wedding? She sounds awful. Why can't she just be a guest?
  • Options
    You say you're having a hard time having her in the wedding at all but you know you want her involved. Those things kind of contradict one another. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards