Wedding Etiquette Forum

Etiquette error on Scrubs

I was watching Scrubs last night for the millionth time. Turk and Carla are preparing for their wedding and Carla is freaking out because "187 people RSVP'd to a 125 seat event" so Turk says, "no problem just uninvite people". They do show the backlash of this but it's okay because the bride is happy (sarcasm). haha I never noticed this before these boards... and you all wonder why people are so confused about etiquette!

Re: Etiquette error on Scrubs

• I was watching Scrubs last night for the millionth time. Turk and Carla are preparing for their wedding and Carla is freaking out because "187 people RSVP'd to a 125 seat event" so Turk says, "no problem just uninvite people". They do show the backlash of this but it's okay because the bride is happy (sarcasm). haha I never noticed this before these boards... and you all wonder why people are so confused about etiquette!

People that make their decisions based on what sitcom characters do, deserve what they get. There is a reason it's comedy.

• I was watching Scrubs last night for the millionth time. Turk and Carla are preparing for their wedding and Carla is freaking out because "187 people RSVP'd to a 125 seat event" so Turk says, "no problem just uninvite people". They do show the backlash of this but it's okay because the bride is happy (sarcasm). haha I never noticed this before these boards... and you all wonder why people are so confused about etiquette!

People that make their decisions based on what sitcom characters do, deserve what they get. There is a reason it's comedy.
    Haha I know I was just thought it was funny. I would never base my decisions upon sitcom characters. My point was, that when something that wrong is shown as "okay" people might perceive something less offensive but still wrong (such as B listing) as okay (you know as long as the bride is happy!) . And the reality is, many people do base their decisions on popular media (which is definitely their fault and not the media's responsibility).
  • i love how some brides want to invite everyone not to offend people they choose a venue that has a limit of 200  they send out invites for over 250 and almost everyone is coming except for like 5 people and they freaking out that they don't have room for the extra people and they don't know what to do other than to squeeze people at a table or hope people don't show up the day of. 

or people who want advice from fellow brides and they don't like the advice given and they want to do it there own way like have a small ceremony and then bring everyone they know to the party because hey lets have a party and expect gifts but who gives a fk about them coming to see me get married 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards