Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Wording invitation when I don't have a middle name?

So I know most invites say:

Mr. and Mrs. Blah
request the pleasure of your company
at the marriage of their daughter

Sue Jane

to

John Peter Jones

Well I have no middle name.  FI does, and I'm thinking it'll look super weird to just have my first name and his full name in there. FYI my first name is 6 characters, his first, middle and last names are all 6 characters each, so 18 total.  Should I skip his middle name?

I'm probably overthinking this, but I just don't want it to look weird...

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wording invitation when I don't have a middle name?

• Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2015
    It's okay if one or both of you don't have middle names. They don't to be the same length. But use both your full names on the invitation.
  • Options
    Mr. and Mrs. John Bridesparents
    request the pleasure of your company
    at the marriage of their daughter
    Jane
    to
    Mr. John George Bridegroom
    Day, date
    time o'clock
    Venue
    Address
    City, State

No problem.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    Okay thanks ladies!  I was just worried it would look lopsided with just my first name and his full name but I will keep it that way.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think it might look better if the lettering is centered instead of being aligned to the left.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    I don't have a middle name either.  Our invitations read like this:

FirstName LastName

&

FirstName MiddleName LastName Suffix

It's centered on the page and looks just fine.  We're paying for the majority of the wedding ourselves so neither of our parents names are included, just ours.  Don't worry to much about it, it's not like you can help not having a middle name!
  • Options
    We didn't even include middle names on ours. I know it's the norm, but oh well. FI never ever uses his middle name and mine's just too long for that nonsense. 

I think it will be fine to write out your names using only his middle. I may not even notice that his is there and your isn't. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards