Wedding 911

5 days to wedding and FI spiked a 103 degree fever! ahhhh

I'm so worried he will be sick he is miserable which makes me feel so bad for him but he wants me to stay away so I don't get it even closer to the wedding. He started a z-pack but honestly we have no clue if it's virus or bacterial if it's a virus clearly the z-pack is as good as a box of tic tacs... My poor FI NEVER gets sick I just want him to feel well on our wedding day. There's nothing you all can do but I needed to freak out where I won't get germs aka the internet.

Re: 5 days to wedding and FI spiked a 103 degree fever! ahhhh

• Hope he's okay really soon!
  • I got sick the week before our wedding. Make sure he gets lots of rest and fluids and vitamin C.
  • Well he shouldn't be taking antibiotics without a prescription, for starters.

Hope he feels better. There's been a nasty stomach bug going around that's gone in about 24 hours. Hopefully it's something quick.

• Thanks everyone he has an Rx but there is no way a doctor can know for sure if a sinus infection is viral or bacterial in one day I think it's an all they can do thing at this point. I just want him better now...
  • Bed rest, fluids and lots of sleep.

He is not going to get better over night, but you definitely have plenty of time for him to get better by your wedding.  But his ass needs to rest.  No running errands or going out with his friends.

• And YOU should stock up on the Vitamin C and water too!  Whenever I feel like I'm going to get sick, I OD on fluids; Gatorade, orange juice, Vitamin Water, V-8, water, water with Emergen-C or Airborne, tea, and occasionally a chocolate milk because I like chocolate milk.  I have to pee non-stop, but it usually keeps the worst of the illness away.  Good luck!
  • Thanks everyone he has an Rx but there is no way a doctor can know for sure if a sinus infection is viral or bacterial in one day I think it's an all they can do thing at this point. I just want him better now...

Actually you can.  A bacterial culture will grow in less than one day and a nasal swab for Influenza will come back with results in 10 minutes.  

My advice would be to visit urgent care immediately, get a couple of nasal swabs, and if it's the flu, Dr. will prescribe Tamiflu.  Otherwise, he'll get an antibiotic if it's a sinus infection.  Only issue is if he's started the Z-pack, a bacterial infection may not show.

Either way, best of luck, I am confident that with rest and fluids he will be ready to walk down the aisle in no time.  Best wishes!
  • Also, with sinus infections, they should have taken a swab because oftentimes it's a crap shoot when they don't for what bacteria is actually the problem.  An antibiotic that isn't the right one for the specific bacteria is going to come off as "not working" when in reality it's just not one that works with that particular bacteria.  Sort of like using a hammer when you really just need a skil saw... 

Hope he's feeling better!!!

• Happy wedding day! I hope he's feeling better but remember, you'll be married either way! Hope it's wonderful!

• Congratulations! I was wondering how things turned out.
  • Thoughts and prayers that your FI gets well soon!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards