Not Engaged Yet

Happy Tuesday

2»

Re: Happy Tuesday

• @futuremrshistorian - Will do! And thanks for the suggestion! I just added it to my list. 

• @lmcooper86 do you have a 'team' at work that you belong to? I'm worried because I'm part of the permit technician 'team', but there is no way in hell I'm inviting some of these women. There are 2 that I desperately want to invite because I love them, we talk outside of work, hang out, they've been supportive, etc. I'm struggling though, because I know the other 2 women on our team will make my life miserable if and when they find out that I invited half the team and not them. 
    I'm not sure how to handle that. I am inviting another woman, my work mom, but she is not part of my team. I only discuss details with the 2 that I want to invite, but then the other 2 will see us talking and be all "OH HEY! What are you talking about? Wedding? Mmmmhmmm...what are you doing about this? And that? Oh, you should just to xxz. Why are you doing that??" It's frustrating. /rant over
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• @Swazzle enjoy your vacation!!!

@allusive007 OMG!! Yay!!!
  • @futuremrshistorian - Keeping my fingers crossed for good news!

@allusive007 - Come on baby! From what I've seen, your maternity style has been super cute; from a complete stranger, you've looked great!

@beanbot2002 - Yes, I'm on a team of 4 so I invited those 3 ladies, plus 2 others from the office. 1 of them used to be on our team and got moved a few months after I got engaged, and the other is someone that I've been friends with at work for years and hang out with outside of work. There was someone else on our team as well, and I invited her because I would've felt bad inviting everyone else. She ended up leaving for a different job a few months ago, I still sent her an invite to be polite, but she isn't coming. I can see how your situation is tricky, since it's just 5 of you. What's the rationale for not wanting to invite the other 2 ladies? Is it just that they're sort of nosy busy bodies that you just don't get along with? Or have they made your life difficult at work?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Imcooper86 - You are too sweet! I feel like i'm down to about 5 outfits that are still comfortable and appropriate for work. I'm so ready to get back to my old size and go SHOPPING!
  • @allusive007 - You are still as beautiful as ever, even being full-term pregnant!!  Can't wait to see a photo of the baby once he or she is born.  We are all so excited for you!!!
  • @allusive007 omg yay! I can't believe your due date is tomorrow!!

Anniversary

• It may not make me happy, but it's definitely making me smile.......

That mom dragging her son out of the riot and smacking him across the head.

• audrewuhaudrewuh member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited April 2015
    Hey everyone!

I'm sad today, so I'm glad this post is about happy things. I need a reset. 

I'm happy that 

1. I have super supportive friends who like me no matter what. 
    2. @ellis1228 finished her very first quilt last night and it looks incredible!
    3. Ellis and I are going to hang out Saturday and it's going to feel so good. 
    4. I had a great weekend in Houston and get to go back and see even more people in just 3.5 weeks. 
    5. I think I've found the tattoo artist I want to work with on my quarter sleeve. And I may be getting that sooner than I had originally planned and I'm excited. 

ETA:
    6. I get to facetime with @swazzle when she comes back from her fantastic vacation!

---------------

@allusive007 OMG OMG OMG! I am so excited Baby is almost here! 

@lmcooper86 and @beanbot2002 I'm of the persuasion that people at work kind of get that they can't always be invited to the wedding, but it doesn't mean that they can't be super excited for/with you and be interested in your plans. Depending on the relationship you have with your coworkers, they usually understand family and outside-work friends get priority, but they're still so happy for you!
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • audrewuh said:

@lmcooper86 and @beanbot2002 I'm of the persuasion that people at work kind of get that they can't always be invited to the wedding, but it doesn't mean that they can't be super excited for/with you and be interested in your plans. Depending on the relationship you have with your coworkers, they usually understand family and outside-work friends get priority, but they're still so happy for you!
    This! My boss asked me to B list her because she understands that family gets priority and my venue (and budget) has a capacity limit. She's very excited for my wedding and always asks for updates. I think most co-workers understand that they can't all be invited, but that doesn't mean they don't want to share in the excitement of the event.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @lmcooper @audrewuh @ellis1228 No these two women arent excited. They really are busy bodies and have gone above and beyond to make life miserable for most of us here. If I tell them any details, they go off and (not so quietly) talk about me/what I'm doing in a negative way. One, in particular, is horribly mean. She will curse you out right in front of a customer. These two have gone around the office trying to convince everyone that my knee injury (tore my PCL) is non existent and that I'm faking it all. I've heard from multiple other office mates questioning the whole thing. She also went to the head admin to see if I had submitted a leave slip for being 5 minutes late, even though I had worked it out with my supervisor to stay 5 minutes after to cover it. As a result, I ended up getting written up because she threw such a fit. But again, I had worked it out with my supervisor. Supervisor caved to the tantrum. The two mean women are best friends, so they gang up on me and the rest of us, and it's horrible. I cry most nights because of them, and beg the universe not to make me return to this place the next day. 

I feel like I can't invite my coworkers that I actually like because I don't want to make things worse around here. But that makes me sad that I can't share it with 2 women I consider friends.
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards