Massachusetts-Boston

Smith Barn Peabody

Hello all!! We got engaged over the weekend and have known for a while that we wanted to have our wedding at Smith Barn at Brooksby Farm in Peabody! We are looking at most likely having it Spring 2017. 

Are any other brides here currently planning a wedding there? How far in advance did you book your wedding? I know Smith Barn books far out in advance which has me a little nervous but am hoping to book ASAP. Also, which caterer did you choose? I have only looked at their websites but I really like Cloverleaf Catering so far.

imageVisit The Nest!

Re: Smith Barn Peabody

• Hi there!!  Congrats on your engagement!  Smith Barn is absolutely gorgeous, excellent choice! :)  We looked there but did not end up booking it.  We went to see it at the end of October 2013, and they were already booked solid for all of 2014 (I think they had like one Sunday date left or something), and their busy season (fall) of 2015 was almost booked.  I think if you are looking now for 2017 you should have NO problem, but they honestly may not book 2.5 years in advance (many places don't reserve dates that early, but you never know).  I would call them either way - the coordinator is very nice and should be able to tell you the availability over the phone - FYI she does not do email, unless this has changed in the last year!

Unfortunately I can't help with the caterers as we did not get that far with this venue.  Best of luck with everything and enjoy your engagement!

• Thank you!! I have heard from others also that they book up very fast so I actually called already and they will book for 2017 already! Just waiting on having the deposit money now :)

imageVisit The Nest!
  • I asked about some dates in fall of 2016 also and the ones I was thinking were already booked!

imageVisit The Nest!
  • I'm not surprised, it's an amazing venue!  That's great that they will let you book so far in advance... love checking things off the list early :)  Best of luck with everything!

• yep, it is a beautiful spot! 

• We did our ceremony there as well (ended up being in the barn at the last possible minute due to rain.
    It does get quite warm in the summer months. She does book out very long in advance as do some of her recommended vendors. Tammy the coordinator was so great the day of and once the rain stopped we went outside for pictures, was perfect.
  • Never heard of that place but it looks so neat. Crossing my fingers you can get a date there. 
  • I'm getting married at the Smith Barn in September 2016. Super excited! We went with Vinwood for a caterer (plated) and we've had a great experience with them so far. 

We're currently looking into music and transportation to/from hotels. Any ideas? In terms of music, we're thinking about a band but not sure if there's really enough space at the venue!
  • Tammy the coordinator / manager has a great list of preferred vendors that work there regularly and recommends them, that's where we got our DJ and Caterer, couldn't have been happier.
  • We went with one of her preferred DJ's on her list, and we're extremely happy we did. Dj Rick he also did our ceremony there... his website is

www.bellairemusic.com

• We actually ended up going with a totally different. Best wishes to all those getting married here though! I still love it even though we have chosen somewhere else.

imageVisit The Nest!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards