Second Weddings

Gown Color for Church Ceremony?

I'll be a 47-year-old bride with an 18-year-old daughter when I get married at our church. I just can't picture myself in a white gown. I'm thinking of a floor-length champagne gown. Tell the truth, won't people secretly laugh if I wear white? (I know I will!)

Re: Gown Color for Church Ceremony?

• CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2015
    There are no rules about color for a bride's dress.  ANY bride can choose any color she wishes, though black might be side-eyed because of it's traditional significance.  I knew a lady who wore a white gown at her wedding, and she was in her 70's!  She looked beautiful.
    Your age has nothing to do with it.  Go find a gown that makes you feel beautiful.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • It's your day.  If you want to wear white go for it!  Don't worry about anyone secretly laughing.  If you feel beautiful then that's all that matters.  My gown is red and leopard print.  I'm sure that there will be some raised eyebrows at that choice but it's my choice.  Red is FH's favorite color and I'm a huge leopard print fan.  It just made sense :)
  • Thanks ladies! I can't wait to go dress shopping.
  • But since my fiancé is red/green colorblind, no red dress for me. lol
  • Knottie45856266 said:I'll be a 47-year-old bride with an 18-year-old daughter when I get married at our church. I just can't picture myself in a white gown. I'm thinking of a floor-length champagne gown. Tell the truth, won't people secretly laugh if I wear white? (I know I will!)

We keep having this "what will people think?" conversation and then we're like, "Wait. The people who will think those things are jerks and we don't care what they think." So I'm wearing an almost-white ivory dress and a veil.

You should wear floor-length champagne
    if that is what will make you feel beautiful. There are a lot of colored wedding gown options at the moment, but please don't rule out white or ivory because some jerk will be a jerk about it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think the only time color really comes into play is if you're getting married in a Catholic church. Some old-school priests will either downright refuse a second wedding (unless the first was annulled) and they will require an off-white at the least.

So if you're not Catholic, pick whatever you want to wear!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards