Gothic Weddings

Looking to meet geeky, unique brides and wives!

So far I've met ladies who had Harry Potter, lolita, elven/renaissance, comic/superhero, and gamer weddings, and I would love to meet even more.

FH and I are avid gamers (PS3, PC and retro) and will be incorporating our love of all things geeky into our big day. What do you and your FH/hubby enjoy, and how does it fit into your wedding or plans?

Re: Looking to meet geeky, unique brides and wives!

• We love to play Little Big Planet and have those characters as our cake topper. I had a friend do his grooms cake as a Supper Nintendo.
  • We're having a theatre / phantom of the opera theme. We met in theatre club. 
  • We're not doing anything nerdy sadly. We were going to do a steampunk wedding but that was shot down by family. i know its our wedding but sometimes its easier to keep the drama to the minimal. Now we're doing a masquerade wedding but we probably will sneak some nerdy elements in it.
  • I'm a huge Skyrim fan. I also love Hello Kitty. FH loves Fallout and Skyrim as well. Would be awesome to try to incorporate all of those elements into the wedding.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• We didn't do a theme, but we did have some Day of the Dead elements in our wedding.  It was lovely.
  • My Wedding cake is Minecraft themed because we were "married" on minecraft before we started dating. In the game he gave me a diamond sword, in real life he gave me a blue diamond ring lol
  • AthenasO said:

My Wedding cake is Minecraft themed because we were "married" on minecraft before we started dating. In the game he gave me a diamond sword, in real life he gave me a blue diamond ring lol

That is so awesome!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• AthenasO : That is one of the cutest stories I have ever heard! Just adorable!

Our plan is to have an evening wedding with a masquerade party reception the day before Halloween next year. Both of us love Halloween, for very different reasons. He loves to be scared and I just love to dress-up. We decided that this would be the perfect day to exchange our vows. He'll be scared to death and I'll be dressed up! Haha!

I'm trying to keep it more elegant than costume-y with purple hues, ivory and pops of gold (glitz). Oh and feathers! Much more cost efficient than flowers. Should be fun to plan!

• I would have loved to have had a Gothic theme but my fiance wouldn't go for it. Best of luck.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards