August 2015 Weddings

4 1/2 MONTHS OUT (FOR ME) - PLANNING UPDATE!

This board is sooo quiet so I wanted to post an update and see how everyone is doing.

Now that I have all of my major to-dos out of the way, things are fairly quiet on the wedding front.

We are working on planning our 12-day honeymoon roadtrip. Purchased/purchasing FI's attire, my shoes, etc. Creating registry. We need to work on our ceremony (including music!). Invites are being made. Need to make final decisions on decor for reception and order what I need for that.

Other than that... waiting on dress to arrive in May and get alterations made. And then it's mostly waiting till June/July rolls around to make final payments, final food/beverage decisions, etc. Smooth sailing.

August I am sure will be crazy since this is OOT for us and we will have a lot of packing/ coordinating to do. But I AM SO EXCITED!!

How is everyone else doing?!

Re: 4 1/2 MONTHS OUT (FOR ME) - PLANNING UPDATE!

• Woo! Glad to hear everything is going so smoothly!

We're meeting with our pastor on Monday to go over our ceremony stuff and finalize times, which is great because I need to order our invitations already. I need to order some baskets for our centerpieces, as well. Already have my dress, so I'm hoping to get alterations started by the end of the month. Bridesmaids have their dresses, groomsmen working on getting their suits. 

My mom and FMIL are working on my bridal shower, which should be fun! I'm excited for that.

We're also working on finding a new apartment and then moving into it. Hoping to be moved in by the end of July/beginning of August before everything gets really crazy.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • August 23
    Invitations: mostly mailed, RSVP cards are starting to come in
    Rings: in possession
    Reception: covered, cake included
    Tux: no need yet
    Flowers: starting to get under control
    Dress: the bane of my existence but should be finalized tomorrow!
    Honeymoon: under control
    Hair: Um, what?!   I still have a little work to do.

Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards