Wedding Woes
Options

is this bridezilla?

Dear E. Jean: I'm spending $5,000 for a wedding photographer. It's my largest single expense for my big day and worth every penny: She's incredibly talented! What worries me is when I'm on Facebook and see amateur photos that wedding guests have posted depicting fuzzy, unflattering images. Sometimes they upload whole albums of someone else's wedding!

I will have beautiful pictures from my wedding to share with friends and family. I don't want a Sidekick LX to trump my investment with an off-center shot of me, or anyone else, looking less than fantastic. (I don't think a ring bearer picking his nose is sweet, and neither would a professional.) How can I ask people not to take and/or post pictures at my wedding without sounding like a Bridezilla?—Prima Donna in White

Re: is this bridezilla?

• Options
    short of confiscating all cameras/phones/ipads/etc. and hiring someone to shoot down any drones, she's not going to prevent this from happening. 

I think she can (nicely) ask people to remove images of *her* or *her* minor children, and hope they comply with her wishes. That doesn't strike me as completely unreasonable - but the full out ban does. She may have a bunch of old friends&family attending the wedding that want to get pictures together. Why prevent people from posting an unflattering shot of themselves at your event?

There's also a question of taste in photographers - everyone has different tastes.  I see people post pictures on FB that they paid a "photographer" to take, yet I wouldn't let that person take pictures of me if they paid me. Just because the PDiW thinks this woman is worth every penny of $5k doesn't mean I would want her pictures of me posted online. I think it goes both ways. 
  • Options
    She's a bridezilla...  Asking people to please refrain from flash photography during the ceremony is one thing especially if the service is in a church.  **** happens no matter how expensive or cheap the photographer is - Unless the pro is using film AND digital, files get corrupted, shots get missed, everyone has their eyes closed, etc.  One friend if not for her friends having taken pictures with their personal cameras and phones would have had a grand total of 8 wedding pictures because their professional they hired and spent good money on ended up sucking and got ZERO usable pictures of the ceremony. 
  • Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    One of the awesomesauce pictures from my baby sister's wedding was Buffy shushing her stuffed animal.  
    The photog couldn't have gotten that one, because he wasn't sitting next to her and would've had to interrupt the ceremony to do it...but my other sister (who is an excellent amature photog) got it.  More than one person taking pictures isn't going to be a bad thing, ever, unless they get in e/o's way,  which is why you have rules
  • Options
    My FI's step-dad ALWAYS has his camera whenever family is involved. As long as the amateurs don't get in the way of the pro, who should be pro enough to politely keep this from happening for that kind of $$, I don't see a problem with extra pics :) Besides, it is always nice to see what others capture of the ceremony/party while you were posing, voguing, being pulled here and there!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards