Wedding Woes
Options

Monday!

HeffalumpHeffalump member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
edited May 2015 in Wedding Woes
Good morning, all.  Did everyone enjoy a lovely Mother's Day?  The weather was beautiful here.  Brunch was okay.  My mom was...fine.

Wooz made me a whole bunch of art projects, DS gave me a keychain made from a very sullen-looking photo of him.  (I should post a link to his spring pics, they're awesomely awful.)  I bought myself a dress from DH and wore it and loved it.

ETA DS's "Dear Lord, please deliver me from this horrible experience" school picture.  The boy does not enjoy being photographed, at least not by strangers.

Re: Monday!

• Options
    I am so glad I took a half day Friday.  I needed it. 

Friday afternoon I went to muffins with mom at DefConn's school.  It was fun.  He was so happy. 

Saturday, DH worked early.  He was home before 10am.  We hung out for a little bit and then all did some shopping.  BIL and SIL came to town.  MIL and FIL came for dinner, as did one of BIL's friends who lives very close to us.  Everyone knows their baby and moving news and are thrilled!  :)  They found a place to live and are moving in 3 weeks.  

Sunday, my family came for brunch. BIL/SIL headed back home afterward. I took a nap and hung out for the rest of the day.  It was the perfect mother's day. 
  • Options
    Saturday was like the perfect Mother's Day at my house, except it wasn't Mother's Day.  :) 

Wooz and I were walking to the bus stop today when we saw that our neighbors down the street had a big pink stork on their front lawn.  Their new baby's name is Bexley.  Do not like.

Okay, I'm just going to say one thing.  My mother is still whining that she doesn't know everything that is going on with my cousin's health.  She started on a big tear about it while we were eating brunch, and at one point she said "I mean, if [Aunt] doesn't want to tell me, that's fine, but--" and I said "Really, I do think that's fine.  She'll talk about it if and when she's ready."  And that got me a stink eye and several minutes of not talking to me, which was not exactly unwelcome.  If it hadn't been Mother's Day, I would have added "Stop making this all about you," but I didn't.

And I totally get that she's a grandma, and that = spoiling, and I should let it go.  But y'all, a 19 m.o. does not need syrup on toast.  He likes toast perfectly well without it, he didn't ask for syrup, you don't need to pre-emptively pour it all over his toast.  And then we went back to her house after brunch and she had made strawberry shortcake, but everyone was stuffed.  Even Wooz, who would eat straight granulated sugar if she could, couldn't manage more than two bites.  Meanwhile, my mother was trying to stuff a forkful in DS's face while he kept turning his head away.  Finally I told her to stop, and that got more stink eye.       
  • Options
    PMeg819PMeg819 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    Morning. I am exhausted. I napped on Saturday and Sunday for like 3 hours each time which screws with my sleep at nighttime and I am dragging today.

Saturday was good- I didn't get nearly done what I wanted. Sunday we went to brunch, which was awesome. Came home, I took a nap, then we just lounged around.

I really really wish I could fast forward through this day though. I finally fell asleep around 3 am and was up at 7 am. I am just so damn tired.
  • Options
    0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Weekend was mostly good.  I hardly remember actually.  It just blew through.  I feel like I do all of my chores during the week and am more prone to laziness on the weekend. 

Our yard is muddy as all get out because H is building his "shop" or "shed" and the yard is all torn up and the pups drag in mud every.time.they.go.out.  Sweeping 3x a day is not what I want to spend my life doing.

I did get to have fun doing my friend's makeup for her wedding in October, just to see what she likes.  And having tequila to go with it didn't hurt. 

Sunday was more random stuff, cleaning up the yard, raking leaves under our lilacs and picking up sticks.  Really, just a weekend that didn't feel like it existed.

Also, TMI---I've been having the weirdest AF visit...like started last Sunday, allll week, then Saturday let up, then yesterday start again.  WHAT IS THIS????!!!!  *HULKSMASH*
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

@ftrmrsO is the body regulating.  It's going to be doing all sorts of weird crap.

Saturday was a long baseball game.  We "won" 28-15.  Saturday night DH took M2 to the soccer game and they had a ball.  It's really the longest time it's been just the 2 of them and she ate it up.

Sunday I slept in and went to Aldi.  Then we went to Smashburger for lunch and GFS.  Dinner on the deck, presents, and a decorated cookie for dessert.  Then I spent $200 at Target on-line.  This morning I spent another $75 at Costco.  Ouch.

• Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    It was all good.

Thurs. i left work early to see about daisy girl scouts for Buffy--and we're in on that front, so, yay.

I got to play the 'it's my birthday weekend' card to sleep in/not have to deal w/ bed-wetting at 3 am' all weekend.

the Mr. struck out buying me clothes--he bought stuff that doesn't fit, but, eh, he has good taste :-P.

Buffy and I went to the cemetary to plant flowers (her idea) and we got next to the kitty's grave cleared out better.  You know that "huh, she hasn't processed this yet, it's going to happen some time" thing, when akid doesn't fully get it?  yeah, so 4 months later, she cried. But, that's OK, I'm glad she's dealing.

I got a god chance to do some nothing, and to sleep.  And we had a great family dinner w/ both families yesterday, and I got some comics and a sewing machine, so yay
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards