Wedding Woes
Options

huh.

DEAR AMY: My ex and I have been separated for six years. After that we were on and off as a couple, but a year ago I told him I was seeing someone and I didn't want to continue this on and off nonsense and that I wanted to be friends.

He did not take this well. He called me a lot of nasty names and contacted the man I'm involved with.

My ex has made my life miserable. He follows me around, contacts my friends and bad mouths me. He insults me on Facebook.

The other day I found out he's been following me and he now knows where I work. I contacted the police but they told me they can't do anything because he did not approach or threaten me.

I then contacted his boss and informed him what one of his employees has been doing. He listened to me and sounded concerned.

But now I'm not sure if I did the right thing. I told his boss I didn't want any problems. I just wanted to be left alone. I also said that I didn't think his employee should be using the company vehicle to stalk me.

The boss told me he will do some thinking and will get back to me.

But I'm now wondering if this will cause things to escalate. I'm scared.

Was I wrong to contact his boss? -- Worried

Re: huh.

• Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    escalate into....being scared because a crazy person is following her around?

(I'm not trying to be super flip--because people this crazy are bad to have following you.  But escalating just enough to make it OK to get the cops involved sounds like a good plan.)
  • Options
    I always wonder about the "friends" in this situation. B/c if some ex of one of my friends contacted me to talk smack and threaten, I would flip my shit.  
  • Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    my psychotic ex ran into some of my friends at a bar. his pathetic self followed them around and asked for info about me.

i got a drunken phone call from one friend who was laughing about all the stupid stuff coming out of his mouth, and then a few other friends sent me emails rolling their eyes at him and then also making fun of me for dating the loser.

btw, had this continued, i would not have called his boss -- i would have called his mom.
  • Options
    H, I was going to say call his mom too.:)
  • Options
    PMeg819PMeg819 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    Why would you separate with someone and then continue to be an off and on couple? I'm stuck on that.
  • Options
    RezIpsaRezIpsa member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I'm calling shenanigans. Every state has stalking laws now and there has been extraordinary emphasis on enforcing them. The cops did not tell her they can't do anything unless he does something first.

• Options
    i feel like "on and off" in this situation meant "occasional booty call"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards