Not Engaged Yet
Options

Fitness/Health Check-in: Week of /5/11/2015

Hello everybody

I thought I'd get this going.  How did everybody do over the weekend?  Any plans/goals for today or the rest of the week?

Anniversary

Re: Fitness/Health Check-in: Week of /5/11/2015

• Options
    Today - I need to work on water intake. 

This weekend is going to be 'weird' - I'm doing 4 days on Nutrisystem, then Vacation.  I'm hoping the vacation 'damage' isn't bad for my weight gain.  I'd be lying to say it wasn't a concern of mine - I will go on vacation, have fun, eat/drink what I want and face the damages - but at the same time, I know I've come a long way in 5 weeks and I want to keep that momentum and don't want to re-lose more than 1-2lbs (let's be honest, I don't want to re-lose ANY of the weight I lost, but trying to be realistic).

I probably won't have time for any 'scheduled exercise' and will get exercise by cleaning my house before we go.  I love coming back from vacation and just having a clean house where all I have to do is wash clothes and be done with it.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I've been a huge slacker the past few months, but I weighed myself this weekend and realized I was 5 pounds up from my normal weight. It was the reality slap I needed to get back to a consistent diet and exercise routine. I ordered a FitBit Charge HR, and it will be here today! My polar watch is a pain in the butt and really finicky, and I liked that the Charge HR would still track my heart rate while working out but also had all the really cool data tracking tools of the normal FitBits. My heart rate tends to spike really high while I'm working out (I've seen it get as high as 218), so I really like having something that helps me keep an eye on it.

Anywho, today is once again the start of a better diet. I got up this morning at 6, went to the gym for 50 minutes, and I'll go again for 50 minutes tonight. I don't plan on 2 a days in the long term, but in the short term I want to push myself really hard to get the extra 5 pounds off in time for my bridal shower on June 7. The plan is to do morning workouts M-F, and afternoon workouts M, T, and Th. I'll probably work out once this weekend as well. I'm going to focus heavily on cardio because I'm trying to sweat out toxins, but after a couple of weeks I'll focus on cardio + strength training again.

Food for the day:
    B - Vanilla Shakeology smoothie with frozen fruit medly
    S - Greek yogurt
    L - ham and cheese sammich, baby carrots, natural cinnamon applesauce, sugar free Jello
    S - Babybel cheese, whole grain Goldfish, unsalted almonds
    D - pork chops marinated in Caribbean Jerk sauce, green beans, corn
    E - 50 minutes on the elliptical this morning, 50 minutes on the elliptical this evening

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    I have been terrible for weeks now but set myself straight starting today. I went to Wegmans yesterday and bought pre-cut mushrooms, cauliflower, sprouts, and zucchini and I sauteed/roasted each one with a little EVOO and seasonings. I also got 1 lb of chicken and I grilled those with just some spray and seasonings. Then I divided the veggies and put a chicken breast in with them and packed my lunches for the week. I hard-boiled eggs and divided up some pre-cut cantaloupe and mango for my breakfasts. It was definitely more expensive than chopping it all myself but it was worth it for me. In total, everything took about 1-1.5 hours to cook and organize. So each morning, I just grab 1 container of fruit and 1 container of chicken/veggies and head out the door :) 

As far as fitness goes, I will do something tonight, I just don't know what yet. 

And WATER. All. The. Water.

• Options
    Checking in for today...

Yesterday I worked out after work as well. I didn't struggle too much through the workout itself, but my body crashed very very very hard almost immediately afterwards. I need to rethink my eating schedule so that I can properly fuel my body. I ate about 400 calories more than normal yesterday to try and accommodate the more aggressive exercise routine, but I don't think I scheduled it correctly. Hopefully today will be better.

This morning I worked out for an hour (somewhat accidentally... got caught in a really long, interesting chapter in my audiobook and lost track of time), and I plan to go back tonight again. 

Food planned for today:
    B - banana and chocolate PB2, harvest pear rooibos tea
    S - Babybel cheese (had this morning after my workout), Greek yogurt, Welch's gummies (my achilles heel... but also full of carbs, which I probably need today), whole grain Goldfish crackers, unsalted almonds (all of these snacks will be eaten throughout the day)
    L - ham and cheese sammich, baby carrots, natural cinnamon applesauce, sugar free Jello
    D - tilapia, rolls, green beans
    E - 60 minutes on the elliptical this morning, 30-40 minutes on the elliptical tonight

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I keep disappearing off the board!  Things have been so chaotic lately that having a moment to sit down and catch up with everyone seems impossible!

Today however... today is my birthday and I am determined to take some ME time! Will do my workout tape and hopefully eat a healthy meal.  My munchkins are determined to "cook" me dinner, and since they aren't old enough to cook that means either cereal or I somehow convince them that it's ok for mommy to cook her own birthday dinner.  SO is out of town so no help there!

Healthy but festive dinner ideas anyone?
  • Options
    @nowittyusername, happy birthday, birthday twin!
  • Options
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards