Wedding Woes

Afternoon recap

Recap: Gmil was getting an award from the diabetes association. The original invite was to the award luncheon. Yesterday mil tells dh there isn't really going to be lunch so after the meeting we'll use the gift card Gmil is getting to go to frischs.

I drive to campus to get dh and we head to the building. He and I discuss it would be nice to pick up the check so Gmil can keep her award. Especially since Gmil didn't know she was getting it. Mil just offered it up.

We get to the building and there is a nice buffet of fruits, veggies, Quinoa salad, premise sandwiches chocolate chip bars and lemon bars. I should have known the diabetes association wouldn't be a bunch of asshats. Anyway we think we're going out after so nobody eats.

The awards portion was nice.

Afterwards it comes out mil knew there would be food but didn't think sfil would like it because it would be diabetic friendly. He's diabetic. Sfil gets pissy that there is all this food and mil still wants to go out. He leaves the building and goes to sit in the car. Mil hems and haws and finally decides we should just eat there...in the lobby of the building where everyone else is going back to work because the luncheon is OVER.

Dh had a bunch of crap going on so he asked me to take him back. I've never been so happy to miss a lunch. We looked like a bunch of hilljacks.

Oh and sil decided this would be the perfect time to start bringing around her son's baby momma.

Re: Afternoon recap

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards