Honeymoon Discussions
Options

All Inclusives for Honeymoon :)

Hi All!

We are looking to book a one week all inclusive honeymoon somewhere in the Caribbean in late April 2016.  We were looking at Sandals/Secrets/Couples resorts, and we were leaning toward sandals, since they provide more locations that we are interested in.  We will be flying from NYC and are looking to stay around $8000 or under including flights.  We usually cruise, and just got engaged in Ireland, but we want to do something different (an all inclusive) for our honeymoon.  We are interested in romance, luxurious accommodations, great beaches, some excursions, but also activities/thing to do at night.  We're specifically looking at the following resorts:

- Sandals St Lucia (either Grande or La Toc - we saw the water is choppy at La Toc, but it also seems the private pool rooms are more intimate)  Can anyone clarify this?
- Sandals Grenada (Has anyone been?)
- Sandals Barbados (I know this one just opened so there aren't many reviews yet - but it looks like they don't have private pools)

Does anyone have any suggestions on the resorts above, or highly advise against sandals and to go with another all inclusive resort?

What is the difference between the different all inclusive resorts?
Out of the sandals properties above, which would you recommend?
Is a private pool / butler service worth it?
Is there a resort that tends to have younger honeymooners at it?  We are 24/25

Thanks!!

Re: All Inclusives for Honeymoon :)

• Options
    I highly recommend speaking to a travel agent that specializes in these all-inclusive properties. Yes,  lot of knotties have been to some of the properties you have mentioned but chances are, they have not been to all three chains. Based on the type of questions you are asking, you need to speak with someone who can provide an unbiased and well informed take on what all three chains offer.  We're not experts (and travel agents can't post on here) and we're going to recommend resorts based on our own preferences and experiences. Those might not be right for you. However, some of your questions can be answered easily by knotties who have been (choppy water at Le Toc, thoughts on Butler service).

• Options

I agree with @jells2dot0. My mom is a travel agent and always asks people what THEIR top priorities are because some people might be more interested in activities and some might be more interested in walking the beach and some people, the pool. So it'll really depend on what you guys want.

She booked my good friend at Sandals St. Lucia. My best friend used to live in Grenada so I hear that location is amazing. But I haven't been. I've also heard some people don't like the butler service because the staff is up your ass the whole time and not enough privacy. But again, I don't have personal experience.

• Options
    I can only comment on my personal butler service experience.. I upgraded us to a swim up suite for a trip and had no idea it came with being put in the adults only section with a butler, priority check in with champagne, and access to the club with wifi.. to be honest we saw our butler once to show us around the resort and take us to the room, I honestly don't know what I would have used them for at an all inclusive! Our room was stocked daily with beverages and there were bars all over the resort so we didn't even notice that was part of the package. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @lovemesomemonster which sandals did you stay at?
  • Options
    @shlasher we didn't stay at a sandals, we stayed at the Colonial Majestic in Punta Cana DR.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are going to sandals barbados in October - flying from NYC as well, we chose a swim up room it cost us roughly 8000 with airfare. We were debating between St. Lucia and Barbados but we chose Barbados. Did you by any chance book where you'd like to stay at for your honeymoon? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards