Wedding Invitations & Paper

Invitations Not Being Delivered

We sent our invitations two weeks ago. I've heard of several people (at least five) who have not yet received their invitations. Did anyone else have this problem? What do you do? We don't have enough materials to resend invitations to every person who hasn't gotten an invite, at least not without reordering a small batch.

Re: Invitations Not Being Delivered

• Did you use the correct postage?  
  • Knottie29408529 I used the same postage on every invitation and many of them got delivered with no problem. I actually overstamped them (using two Forever stamps) when they only needed $.70 stamps. 
  • We had to send 4 separate invites to FI's parent's house because of who is living there... 2 got delivered on one day, 1 got delivered a couple days after that and 1 got returned to us due to insufficient postage. Sometimes the post office makes mistakes. I would just keep an eye on your mailbox and stay in touch with the folks who haven't received them to make sure they know all the details.
  • RezIpsaRezIpsa member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I routinely do not get things sent through snail mail, ever since I moved into a condo with a centralized mail kiosk (individual mailboxes though). I also get a lot of mail for others in the complex. I sent my mom a Mother's Day card more than ten days ago and it still isn't there. It's one of the things that really made me consider evites and online RSVPs seriously. The US postal system just doesn't seem as reliable as it may have been once, at least where I am.
  • Do these people normally have mail issues? If not, I would say that there is probably an issue with sorting your invitations, maybe the size or the addressing. 

I would probably resend invitations to the people you know haven't gotten them in 2 weeks, but you'll find out for sure when your RSVP date passes and you have to make those calls. 
  • haleyk620haleyk620 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited May 2015
    I haven't heard of any of my invitations not being delivered. I did have one that was just returned to me saying that they were unable to deliver to the address I had written. It came back to me three weeks after I had mailed it originally. I would not worry quite yet if some have not been delivered.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for the input everyone. It looks like it is just taking some of them a long time - makes me wish I had mailed them out a bit earlier! Our RSVP date is still a few weeks away, but I don't want people to think they got b-listed!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards