Wedding Woes

girl, please.

Dear Amy: My husband and I have two adult daughters. We've experienced ups and downs in our long marriage. Four years ago, we got hit with the downturn of the economy and my husband lost his job. Unfortunately, instead of looking for work he decided to sit around until his unemployment benefits ran out. Then he moved several states away because he wanted to be in a band.

I agreed to follow him, but by the time we had sold the house he had already come back, because he couldn't find a job and had a falling out with a band mate. It took him another year to get a job at a retail store — after I forced him (I also work).

We talked about moving to the West Coast. My sister just moved there, and our daughters and I like the idea of living there.

Now he doesn't want to move because he found a band to join here in our hometown. But they plan to play only two or three times a month.

He is only working 30 hours a week (or less). I am aware that he cannot afford to live on his own.

I tried to talk to him about this, but he always tells me to look at the big picture. I am not sure what big picture I'm supposed to be looking at. Should I go or wait?

Re: girl, please.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards