Wedding Reception Forum

Ideas for songs for parents to walk into

Both sets of parents will be introduced and I am stumped as to what song for them to have played

Re: Ideas for songs for parents to walk into

• Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    I'm not sure why you're introducing them as it seems unnecessary, but I'd just have them announced without a song.
  • Are you talking about your wedding, or your reception?  I have never seen parents introduced at either.  They are usually in the reception line, welcoming guests.  To introduce them afterwards is redundant.
    Are they hosting?  If they are, the hosts should not need to be introduced to their own guests!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I assume you're talking about introducing into the reception. Really, you can pick anything fun and upbeat. Is there a song that reminds you of them? 

We had just my parents, my MIL and MOH and BM, so we picked just one song. We used Boogie Shoes. 
  • CMGragain said:

Are you talking about your wedding, or your reception?  I have never seen parents introduced at either.  They are usually in the reception line, welcoming guests.  To introduce them afterwards is redundant.
    Are they hosting?  If they are, the hosts should not need to be introduced to their own guests!

Not everyone has a reception line.

Agree with climbing, anything fun and upbeat! For our parents FI and I chose a song by Queen since both sets of parents know and like them. It made more sense for us than picking a song that is popular right now that our parents don't even know.
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited May 2015
    CMGragain said:

Are you talking about your wedding, or your reception?  I have never seen parents introduced at either.  They are usually in the reception line, welcoming guests.  To introduce them afterwards is redundant.

They may need to be introduced to the groom's /other spouse's side as well as friends, colleagues, and other guests (and their SOs or plus ones) of both the bride and groom/spouses with whom they are not acquainted. They may even need to be introduced to their own respective partner's relatives, friends and colleagues with whom they are not acquanted. It is possible to extend invitations to persons with whom one is not personally acquainted.

Edited to add: A song is not necessary to do this though.
  • If you're doing public introductions into the reception, each person's intro should NOT take more than 10 seconds or so, so really not long enough for each person to have their own song! Pick one song and be done with it. No one wants to stand around clapping for 10 minutes to get through introductions that they either know, or don't give a rats ass about. 

Otherwise, allow the host to do private introductions (you know, like "Oh, Aunt Sally, come here for a minute. Have you met Bob's third cousin from Texas, Tom?"), or for the host to introduce themselves to people they don't know ("Hi, thank you for coming. I'm Jen's mother."). 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards