Favors

Chocolate+Cocoa

My plan for favors is a chocolate square and a just-add-water cocoa packet inside a glassine bag, folded over and sealed with a "thank you" sticker. We'll have coffee and hot water for tea at the reception, so I figure it will be easy to drink the cocoa there, but small and tidy enough to take back to hotel rooms if they'd rather. Thoughts?

I'd also like to note that I plan to purchase cocoa packets that are GF to 20ppm, which is safe enough for my only GF guest, and to my knowledge, milk chocolate is considered vegetarian but not vegan (and I only have vegetarian guests, no vegans).
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Chocolate+Cocoa

• kaos16kaos16 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment

My plan for favors is a chocolate square and a just-add-water cocoa packet inside a glassine bag, folded over and sealed with a "thank you" sticker. We'll have coffee and hot water for tea at the reception, so I figure it will be easy to drink the cocoa there, but small and tidy enough to take back to hotel rooms if they'd rather. Thoughts?

I'd also like to note that I plan to purchase cocoa packets that are GF to 20ppm, which is safe enough for my only GF guest, and to my knowledge, milk chocolate is considered vegetarian but not vegan (and I only have vegetarian guests, no vegans).
    While I don't see anything wrong with your plan, is there a reason you have chosen hot cocoa as a favor?  It just seems so random to me.
  • Because we're getting married in the evening on the Oregon coast. Evenings get chilly year round, so I thought a hot drink might be a good end to the party. I also want to use Belgian chocolate squares of the same kind I was gifted by my host parents in Belgium; they're often served as a free treat when you buy a hot drink at a cafe. So while most of my guests probably won't know that, they do all know about the coast's habitually cool weather.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • RezIpsaRezIpsa member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I would skip the hot chocolate and just give the Belgian chocolates.
  • kaos16kaos16 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment

Because we're getting married in the evening on the Oregon coast. Evenings get chilly year round, so I thought a hot drink might be a good end to the party. I also want to use Belgian chocolate squares of the same kind I was gifted by my host parents in Belgium; they're often served as a free treat when you buy a hot drink at a cafe. So while most of my guests probably won't know that, they do all know about the coast's habitually cool weather.

If there is this personal meaning behind it, I would attach a little card/note to each favor letting the recipient know the meaning behind it. . .  In the alternative, I would just do a few chocolates per person.
  • I would probably stick to one or the other.  Food is a great favor, so I think either one you do will be a hit!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards