Registry and Gift Forum

Giving out registry info

Our wedding is coming up in a month, and I've had a few friends on facebook ask if we're registered anywhere, but those specific friends weren't invited to the wedding. I feel like giving them the info is like "yeah, I don't like you enough to have you at the wedding, but buy me presents anyway." But I also don't want to be rude and completely ignore the question. 

How would you respond to direct questions about your registry from people who aren't invited to the wedding?

Re: Giving out registry info

• Our wedding is coming up in a month, and I've had a few friends on facebook ask if we're registered anywhere, but those specific friends weren't invited to the wedding. I feel like giving them the info is like "yeah, I don't like you enough to have you at the wedding, but buy me presents anyway." But I also don't want to be rude and completely ignore the question. 

How would you respond to direct questions about your registry from people who aren't invited to the wedding?
    You have two options, you can either tell them where you're registered or not tell them.  I've bought a gift for a friend when I wasn't invited to her wedding.  It wasn't as big or expensive as it would have been had I been invited.  But I still wanted her to know I was thinking happy thoughts for her.  But you don't have to tell people to do this, they know how to use the google if they really want to find your registry.  Hell, even before the google, I'd walk into Target or Crate&Barrell, walk up to the registry machine, type in names of friends I knew were engaged and see if they were registered there.  If they were, I'd print out the list and decide if I wanted to buy anything.

"Thank you so much for thinking of us.  We're registered at Target and Macy's."

At a month out from the wedding, they'd have the invitation now if they were invited.
  • We are small business owners and we had a lot of customers who while not invited to the wedding were still happy for us and wanted to celebrate our wedding.  A few asked where we were registered and I simply told them, and a few of those people actually did buy us a gift. It was a very sweet gesture, and like any other gift I received we sent a thank you  note.  There is a difference between people asking you and you putting the info out there for everyone to see. 

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards