Chit Chat

Paying to crash someone's wedding

So, I snarked on a FB friend over in Snarky Brides for their honeyfund that is meant to send them on a multi-month trip to Europe.  

But it gets worse.

They just posted a link on FB......you can pay to crash their wedding.  You literally buy tickets to crash it.  I can't make this shit up.  It's even an online news article.  

It is "black tie" with taco carts that you can have after dinner (you don't get the full dinner, and don't worry, you don't have to sit through that "stuffy ceremony").  But don't panic, because there will be dessert, "including a model handing out chocolate covered strawberries."  Four top shelf drinks are included. Oh, and they specifically say that there are both single BMs and GM, and that you can go check them out on the wedding website prior to the event.  

Tickets are $85 for a single ticket, and $150 for a couple.  

I am beyond disgusted.  No, you are not so speshul that people want to pay to attend.  You are gross.  I am having such a hard time from unleashing on the FB post.  

Re: Paying to crash someone's wedding

• levioosa said:

So, I snarked on a FB friend over in Snarky Brides for their honeyfund that is meant to send them on a multi-month trip to Europe.  

But it gets worse.

They just posted a link on FB......you can pay to crash their wedding.  You literally buy tickets to crash it.  I can't make this shit up.  It's even an online news article.  

It is "black tie" with taco carts that you can have after dinner (you don't get the full dinner, and don't worry, you don't have to sit through that "stuffy ceremony").  But don't panic, because there will be dessert, "including a model handing out chocolate covered strawberries."  Four top shelf drinks are included. Oh, and they specifically say that there are both single BMs and GM, and that you can go check them out on the wedding website prior to the event.  

I am beyond disgusted.  No, you are not so speshul that people want to pay to attend.  You are gross.  I am having such a hard time from unleashing on the FB post.  
    I can't bold on a mobile, but are they pimping out their BP? Are the BMs and GMs at least getting a cut?
  • So they're pimps? Seriously though... fuck the whaaaaaaat?!?!?!
  • levioosa said:

But it gets worse.

What is the ever loving hell? I think this officially takes the cake for the most disgusting thing I have ever seen on here. Who does that?!?!?!?!
  • So does this mean not enough people were contributing to their Honeyfund and they needed another angle?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have no words.. Might be the worst thing I have ever seen.. I feel like you should capitalize on the train wreck they are heading toward and hit up this "crash the wedding" so you can write a book on it, starting with the pre wedding posts!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Gross. Why are you friend with this person? I saw unleash the FB rant from hell and block them before they get the chance to block you.
  • Some simple Googling found their wedding website and the news article.  This is somehow even worse than I imagined.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jdluvr06 said:

Gross. Why are you friend with this person? I saw unleash the FB rant from hell and block them before they get the chance to block you.

I went to school with her.  And it's also gross that our classmates are all "liking" the shared post.  Blech.

• MagicInk said:

Do chocolate covered strawberries handed out by a model somehow taste different?

Duh.  Pretty people are all that matter in life.  Obvs the strawberries taste WAY better.

@mrsdee15, right?  It's like, I can't even put into words how gross and entitled it is.  

• edited May 2015
    $85 is nearing my upper limit for bona fide philanthropy events. Like, for Paws or an aids foundation or something. I'd get better food and drinks at those events too. 

This does not count as charity. 

Unbelievable. 

EDIT: I just did the google. Given their job titles, I would presume they could afford their own fucking trip to Europe. But you know what you do when you assume. 

• I found the article too. The idea is hella gross, and the article declaring it as this awesome idea that allows people to skip the "boring" parts is just the corn chunk on this turd cake.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @levioosa 1,000 guests?! WHAT THE FUCK

• $85 is nearing my upper limit for bona fide philanthropy events. Like, for Paws or an aids foundation or something. I'd get better food and drinks at those events too. 

This does not count as charity. 

Unbelievable. 

EDIT: I just did the google. Given their job titles, I would presume they could afford their own fucking trip to Europe. But you know what you do when you assume. 
    Yeah, for $150 SO and I could have an awesome date night that didn't include subsidizing someone's entitled assholery.  

And yeah, I thought the same thing about their jobs.  Pay for your own fucking trip. 

• JaniV123 said:

@levioosa 1,000 guests?! WHAT THE FUCK

Also they have 115 rules for wedding crashing AND are touting "behind-the-scenes wedding drama"?  Oh my fuck, these people are the actual worst.  It sucks people are validating this idea.

I am curious about the rules though. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You guys are way better at the google than I am. Then again I also didn't try real hard because I'm lazy.
  • JaniV123JaniV123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2015
    it gets worse.... 

go to the website press RSVP yes and scroll down... 

Edit bc i think the pic was a TOS violation

• JaniV123 said:

it gets worse.... 

Oh...dear lord.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• JaniV123 said:

it gets worse.... 

Omg, multiple weddings. 1000 people.  Rules. Pimping out the bridal party.  IT KEEPS GETTING WORSE.  MAKE IT STOP.

• So is the fee to attend for both weddings total?  Like a buy-one-get-one deal?  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • JaniV123JaniV123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2015

(yes I am procrastinating because this website is way too entertaining compared to my review book)

Edit bc I can't read 

• I'm actually kind of curious about TOS in this instance.  This couple posted their story on a news source with their wedding website.  Is it still against TOS to post pictures?  

• levioosa said:

I'm actually kind of curious about TOS in this instance.  This couple posted their story on a news source with their wedding website.  Is it still against TOS to post pictures?  

the picture had their last names since it was a screen shot of the website page so I cropped it a bit to only leave unidentifiable pic ;) 

• I got halfway through their wedding trailer and had to stop.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards