Destination Weddings Discussions

Booking destination vendors. Santa Cruz!

Hi Everyone!
I am getting married early next June. I live in so cal and the wedding is in northern cal.
I was wondering when would be a good time for me to go check out musicians, photographers, makeup artists, hair trials, cake tasting. Would 7-8 months be too far out? We really dont have that much time that we can go to check it all out and i would hate for the vendors we want to get booked.

PS if you are getting / have gotten married are there any vendors that you would recommend? 

Thank you! 

Re: Booking destination vendors. Santa Cruz!

• We got married in Napa. I did my hair/make up trial about 7 months out just because that's when the timing worked for us to travel up. I think it's fine to do it earlier or later.

We used a photog from the LA area (where we are from) who also happened to be a friend, and just picked musicians based on a recommendation from our coordinator. For reception music we just used an iPod. Our cake was made by the same business that we used for our reception.

Sorry I'm so unhelpful. Lol.
  • You may get better advice by posting this on a local board. I can move this post for you if you'd like. I'd just need to know what area you are holding your wedding.

• You may get better advice by posting this on a local board. I can move this post for you if you'd like. I'd just need to know what area you are holding your wedding.

Santa Cruz is kind of mid-CA. The forum for Napa (which seems to be a much more popular wedding destination) is quite dead, so I doubt she'd have much luck there, honestly.
  • Thanks for the head's up @JennyColada. I haven't seen many posts on here for that area, so not sure where the best place is!

• Central California seems like the most appropriate forum, but the last member comment is February 21. :(

OP: As you can see, the individual local boards are sometimes pretty slow, but you might be able to get some tips if you cross-post in San Fran and Napa boards along with the Central board. You could probably even get away with the Los Angeles board. Basically, anything California. :)

Also, Yelp.com, while not wedding-specific, is a great tool to find local vendors! You can see ratings and read reviews and it's really helpful!
  • Thank you guys so much!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards