Not Engaged Yet

Happy Tuesday & WWYD?

2»

Re: Happy Tuesday & WWYD?

• @jenjen047 Our current sheets juuuuuust barely fit the new mattress. I added some deep sheets to our registry though. I don't feel like fighting the fitted sheet every week lol

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @eilis1228 Sending thoughts and prayers to your family!

Anniversary

• @eilis1228 Big big hugs for you and lots of T&P; also lots of chocolate, wine, and baby animals!

@swazzle awesome optical illusion! I really thought you fixed the window at first.  

@jenjen047 I like the idea of phrasing it in a way for her to talk to him, but still supporting her thought process.

@twodimes Indy looks so grown up! 

@keptinstitches Is there a way you can burn the video to your computer, and then make copies that way?

@untouchablets good luck with round 3! 

Ugh is it really only Tuesday? This week has been madness.  Our interns started yesterday, and IT failed to mention that they did not have email accounts for half the interns.  We found out when we couldn't add them to meetings.  Everything is linked through Microsoft, so without email they do not have access to their computers.  We pay our interns, so basically we're paying these kids to just sit around all day.  

On top of that fun work, the septic at my mom's backed up last night.  The plumber couldn't come till today, and could only partially fix the issue.  He said there must be a clog between the tank and basement. He told my mom that the entire septic will need to be replaced, and we have maybe 3 weeks before that will happen (if we don't do laundry or shower).  Then he left.  She's having a second guy come out this afternoon, because he didn't fix the issue at all. 

I just want it to be this weekend.  I'm having a girl's day on Saturday, then spending the rest of the weekend celebrating my bf's birthday.  I can't wait to see his reaction to the DMB tickets. 
  • @speakeasy14, it is on his laptop - just having trouble formatting the DVD so it plays in DVD players, plus Windows Movie Maker is cropping it in weird ways.
  • @KeptInStitches Forgot to reply to you about the Star Wars drinking game! The rules were to drink if Leia and Han bickered, if Han yelled at C3P0, if the Force was mentioned, if the Dark Side was mentioned, if a lightsaber was turned on or off, and if the Millennium Falcon had issues with hyperdrive. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @speakeasy14 That sucks. If it's a clog between the house and the tank, then why does the entire system need to be replaced? Definitely get some more opinions. Our guy came out and poked holes around our yard to see if the water was flowing or not. It doesn't sound like he did much diagnosing....

• phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I regret Thai food for lunch. Blooooaaaateeeed.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @labro hopefully the second guy actually checks the yard. I've been at work, and just getting text updates.  She's on the warpath now. 
  • @jenjen047 I think everyone has it pretty much covered so I will divert to them.

@Swazzle I LOVE you dining room!!!!! 

@eilis1228 T&Ps coming your way!

Work is crazy busy... It's the end of the year so we are going nuts over here. Hopefully it won't pull me away too much.

Happy Tuesday!
    friends tv show funy
  • @eilis1228 T&P for your family

@swazzle your window definitely looks centered now! love the curtains

@jenjen047 I'm pretty terrible with advice so I'm no help. It does seem like her BF may not be the right fit if she's noticed these things too and is concerned about what the family thinks. Like a PP said maybe he just needs to be aware of how he's coming off to other. Or maybe he's just a douche. 

I'm super late today. I've been off work since 11am last Thursday and have had a very busy weekend! I left work early on Thursday and went to myl aser hair removal consult and will be starting to get it done in July! Then I did laundry and cleaned the apartment when I got home for my mom's arrival. Thank goodness FI had cleaned the bathroom for me a couple days before. 

We picked up my mom late at night from the airport and grabbed food. The next day me and my mom got up really early to go to RI to meet with the baker and photographer. We tried a couple more cupcake flavors and ended up picking chocolate ganache, white velvet raspberry and strawberry lemonade. The strawberry lemonade is AMAZING. I'm pretty sure no other cupcake will ever make me as happy as this one did.

Saturday morning my friend picked me up early for my surprise bachelorette. It ended up being in Portland, Maine. We went to lunch after we checked into the hotel and then came back and drank and played some games like "Pin the Junk on the Hunk" lol. By the time we were supposed to go to the bar that night my mom was too drunk and my aunt had to bring her back to the hotel room lol. There were so many other bach parties there that weekend!
    The next day it was really nice out so we had lunch and then walked around to some of the little shops before heading home.

Yesterday me and mom had our hair and makeup trials and reworked the schedule with the girl. Later on I tried on my dress and made my decision on what to do with the hem so the next time I see it it will be done! Then we went to dinner with FI, got home, watched TV and fell asleep on the couch.

I dropped my mom off at the airport a couple hours ago. I feel so drained and crappy like I might be getting sick. We got a lot accomplished this weekend though. I'll end my novel here!

• @lavenderfields13 - sounds like an awesome weekend! my sister lives in Portland and loves it! so many good restaurants! where did you guys book for HM???
  • @jenjen047 we're going to Finest Playa Mujeres in Mexico. It took so long to find a place. I was actually searching for a place that I had already looked at to reconsider it and this place popped up. I don't know how I missed it. We're so excited!

• @lavenderfields13 OMG it looks incredible!! im so jealous
  • Hi everyone! This is going to be a post and run, but it's been a busy week so far. And today became even busier when I found out that FI was in an accident this morning on his way into work. He was lane splitting (which is legal in California) at about 20 mph when traffic was stopped and a van wasn't paying attention and moved over the white line and stopped right in front of FI. FI had no where to go, hit the van, and went down. His helmet and jacket are pretty damaged, and the bike had some damage too, but he is okay apart from some bumps and bruises and soreness. So that's been my day, worrying about him and helping him get the bike to the repair shop. I have a meeting in 5 minutes but will come back and respond to everyone after that! 

• @aurorarose41, glad your FI is okay!
  • @Swazzle Can you come decorate my house??? I have zero interior design skills - my walls are mostly bare!!

@eilis1228 My thoughts are with you and your family!!

3 more days of testing, 3 more days... I really think that I have lost my mind at this point! Fingers crossed that my kiddos do well on their tests - it's my first year so I have no idea what to expect and I just hope that I've taught them something! What's worse is that since testing is almost over, they are all squirrely and think school is over, even though we still have ONE MONTH left! I'm definitely ready for the madness of this year to be overwith.

Also already in need of this weekend!! So happy to be off work on Monday. I'm babysitting for a coworker on Friday (she has a 6 month old), so I'll have to do my best to keep my baby fever at bay!
    BF and I are going to a concert on Saturday, so definitely looking forward to that!
  • jenjen047jenjen047 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2015
    @aurorarose41 glad FI is ok!!!
  • @aurorarose41 glad your FI is ok! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards