Wedding Woes
Options

My boss doesn't know that I hear everything.

Dear Prudence,
My office is next door to that of the head of my department, and we share a wall. Every time she closes the door for a private conversation, I can hear every single word she says. She is very close to another department head and they often gossip about people in our department and the heads of the company. Needless to say, hearing the gossip about my fellow co-workers makes her look two-faced (as she is very nice to them when she speaks to them, but then she talks horribly about them when the door is shut). I am now semi-anxious that one day she could start talking about me. What should I do? We don’t really have an HR department to report to and I feel like telling her I hear everything is kind of intrusive. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

—Unwillingly Hearing Everything

Re: My boss doesn't know that I hear everything.

• Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    OMG write it down and start a blog, yo.

>Needless to say, hearing the gossip about my fellow co-workers makes her look two-faced (as she is very nice to them when she speaks to them, but then she talks horribly about them when the door is shut).

btw, why do people think this is a bad thing? it's how some people get by each day without stabbing everyone in sight.
  • Options
    hmonkey said:

btw, why do people think this is a bad thing? it's how some people get by each day without stabbing everyone in sight.
    LOL - this... 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards