Chit Chat
Options

Cupcakes

kmbay84kmbay84 member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
edited May 2015 in Chit Chat
Hello wonderful knotties,

Are any of you doing cupcakes for dessert?  If so, did you have them all at one table so guests can come over and pick which flavor they would like, or did you have a selection at each table? 

Thanks!

Re: Cupcakes

• Options
    I've been to several weddings that did cupcakes and all of them had them on one table. 

• Options
    kmbay84kmbay84 member
    Thank you @bethsmiles, that is what I thought.  Do you think it's against etiquette to have them all at one table so that guests could choose one when/if they would like? Or do you think it would be better to have them at individual tables so that guests don't have to get up?
  • Options
    At every wedding I've been to the cake or cupcakes or whatever was cut right before dancing started so the guests were already up. But I don't think this really has anything to do with etiquette. It's just preference. You can have them at each table, I just think it's unnecessary because I've always seen it work out just fine when the cupcakes are at one table, the same way a traditional wedding cake would be. 

I think you are way over thinking this.

• Options
    julieanne912julieanne912 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2015

I'm having mini-cupcakes, along with a ton of other mini desserts. They're all going on one table, that way guests can pick and choose what they would like, rather than limiting to what's given to them at the table.

It's also way easier for a guest to sneak an extra cupcake if you put them all at one table versus individual tables.  And this fatgirl guest loves it when I can sneak an extra one without judgment.

Married 9.12.15
  • Options

I'm having mini-cupcakes, along with a ton of other mini desserts. They're all going on one table, that way guests can pick and choose what they would like, rather than limiting to what's given to them at the table.

It's also way easier for a guest to sneak an extra cupcake if you put them all at one table versus individual tables.  And this fatgirl guest loves it when I can sneak an extra one without judgment.

Not cute.
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    We are doing all on one table. I attended one last year and they had a stand on each table with 8 - 4 choc and 4 vanilla. Not cool if you're #5 who wanted a certain flavor and didn't get it.
  • Options
    anjemonanjemon member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    We did all on one table too. For reasons the PP's above (especially kvruns) used. It was also easier for the venue because we had to setup our main floor tables during cocktail hour.
  • Options

Fatgirls unite. Although, I'll grab an extra cupcake with judgement. I ain't scurred.

• Options
    kmbay84kmbay84 member
    That's what I figured! Thanks so much ladies!
  • Options
    ashley8918ashley8918 member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2015

Fatgirls
    unite. Although, I'll grab an extra cupcake with judgement. I ain't scurred.

• Options
    What's this about shame in eating cupcakes?

Yo I eat a dozen cupcakes with fucking pride. That takes work y'all.

Our cupcakes were boozey cupcakes, they were just on a table. I hope people ate lots of them because they were delicious.
  • Options
    julieanne912julieanne912 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2015
    What's this about shame in eating cupcakes?
    MagicInk said:

Yo I eat a dozen cupcakes with fucking pride. That takes work y'all.

Our cupcakes were boozey cupcakes, they were just on a table. I hope people ate lots of them because they were delicious.

It's more like, if you're at a table of 8 and there's 8 cupcakes... you really shouldn't eat more than 1.  But I like to eat more than 1.  But you'll look like an asshole if you take more than 1 because that means someone else may not get one.

ETA grr crazy quoting boxes!

Married 9.12.15
  • Options

It's more like, if you're at a table of 8 and there's 8 cupcakes... you really shouldn't eat more than 1.  But I like to eat more than 1.  But you'll look like an asshole if you take more than 1 because that means someone else may not get one.

Right. but this makes you a "fatgirl"? Do you seriously not understand how fucking offensive this is?
  • Options
    hellohkb said:

Right. but this makes you a "fatgirl"? Do you seriously not understand how fucking offensive this is?
    Uh no, because I am fat.  So, calling myself a "fatgirl" is just me calling myself something.  Simma down.
    Yep. Fat is an adjective and not something we should avoid because being fat isn't shameful. This is something Tess Munster (now Tess Holliday) has been stressing since forever.

Yeah, hi, no one said that. But "lolololol I ate two cupcakes! Lettin' out my inner fat girl"-type comments are not cute. 

Factual statements i.e. "I am fat" are not shameful or whatever.
  • Options

hellohkb said:

Uh no, because I am fat.  So, calling myself a "fatgirl" is just me calling myself something.  Simma down.
    Yep. Fat is an adjective and not something we should avoid because being fat isn't shameful. This is something Tess Munster (now Tess Holliday) has been stressing since forever.
    Yeah, hi, no one said that. But "lolololol I ate two cupcakes! Lettin' out my inner fat girl"-type comments are not cute. 

Factual statements i.e. "I am fat" are not shameful or whatever.

I didn't say that either. 

If I had said "Fat girls everywhere love cupcakes, so put them on a separate table so they can all get as many as they want", then that would be on the offensive side.  But I was only describing myself when saying "This fatgirl" likes to have seconds of cupcakes.

Right. This fat woman is over it.
  • Options

• Options
    If there's going to be a cupcake fight, sign me up.

• Options

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards