California-Los Angeles

Looking for a place to stay in West San Fernando Valley, Calabasas, Westlake Village, or Ventura?

Hello,

I wanted to share this hidden gem of a wonderful place located in a small city called Oak Park which is near Thousand Oaks. I had a family wedding in Santa Barbara but didn't want to pay the high prices of staying there but I also wanted to be close to the beach and close to Los Angeles. 

It is a private bedroom with queen size bed and private bath in a private home. It's conveniently located, and Mary does a wonderful job of making you feel right at home. The room has everything that you need, a small fridge for drinks and snacks, cozy bed, and large windows overlooking open space. Located about an hour to Santa Barbara, 20 minutes to Malibu and Camarillo Outlet shopping mall. I HIGHLY recommend it. For more information check out this website:

Re: Looking for a place to stay in West San Fernando Valley, Calabasas, Westlake Village, or Ventura?

• JennyColadaJennyColada member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2015
    You got married in SB but stayed in TO? Isn't that like an hour drive?

Edit: I see that you did mention that. Whoops.

Personally, I wouldn't want to stay so far out from where I'm getting married. I can't imagine having to drive an entire hour to my wedding! I'd probably recommend more in the Goleta or Carpinteria areas.

Also, here is somewhere in SB which seems to have prices only a smidge higher than what yours quotes: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/3642321?s=ibEk
  • Hi JennyColada,

No, this isn't my wedding it was my niece's wedding in Santa Barabara. Since I have children I hate to pack and repack and pack again just to move to another hotel so I just stayed in Oak Park to be close to Santa Barabara, Malibu, and the Regan Library. The wedding was at 2:00 p.m. so we had plenty of time to get up there. The next day we visited Malibu and my kids loved Zuma beach which from where we stayed in Oak Park was 20 minutes away with no freeway driving (just down one street Kanan Point Dume). Yahoo!! 

Then we visited a nearby family farm and took hay rides and feed the farm animals. Then we visited the Regan Library and air force one. Which is about 20 minutes from where we were staying. It was a fun trip so I was suggesting to stay at this location rather than in Santa Barbara itself. The food there is much more expensive and traffic can be hectic since there is only 2 lanes getting in and out of there. We had no traffic because we didn't stay there.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards