Wedding Etiquette Forum

Can I invite one twin and not the other?

Okay, I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this question, but I thought I'd get advice anyway. I'm a new knottie, so go easy! :) 

Two of my college friends (M and C) are twins. We were all in the same friend group; I had a lot of classes with C but felt closer to M. Both have gotten married in the past two years, and I was invited to M's wedding but not to C's (which was waaaay smaller due to lack of funds). I haven't talked to C since college, but M and I have talked a bit and I'd like to invite her. Is there any way to invite M and not C? The rest of the friend group is pretty much engaged or married, and there's other weirdness with who gets invited to what, but the entire friend group won't be there so it's not like C would be the only one not there.

Thanks!! Gotta love those etiquette questions :) 

Re: Can I invite one twin and not the other?

• Twins are not treated any differently than other siblings.  You must invite their S/Os, but you don't need to invite any other members of the family.  Yes, you may invite one, but not the other sister/brother.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Okay, I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this question, but I thought I'd get advice anyway. I'm a new knottie, so go easy! :) 

Two of my college friends (M and C) are twins. We were all in the same friend group; I had a lot of classes with C but felt closer to M. Both have gotten married in the past two years, and I was invited to M's wedding but not to C's (which was waaaay smaller due to lack of funds). I haven't talked to C since college, but M and I have talked a bit and I'd like to invite her. Is there any way to invite M and not C? The rest of the friend group is pretty much engaged or married, and there's other weirdness with who gets invited to what, but the entire friend group won't be there so it's not like C would be the only one not there.

I agree with PPs, however, if you think that M would be hurt, and it's not an imposition, I would invite her as a courtesy.
  • Yes. I had a very similar situation and only invited the twin I was close to/still talk to on a semi-regular basis.Twin 2 was not upset by it (as far as I know - I wasn't invited to her wedding either). Twin 2 just had her first child (a girl) so I plan to send her some homemade hairbows.
  • If you haven't talked to one since college, I wouldn't invite her. And if I were her, I would find it strange to get invited if I hadn't talked to you in years.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Invite M, don't invite C. That's perfectly acceptable.

• Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    It's okay to invite only one adult twin but not the other twin.
  • Great! Thanks everyone!!
  • SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I agree, if you haven't talked to C since college, then I wouldn't invite her. Your wedding is not a reunion. 
  • I was really good friends with a set of twins in high school. I ended up staying close to one and not the other. One was invited to and attended my wedding. The other was not invited. 

No hard feelings, we just weren't close anymore. No big deal.
    *********************************************************************************

• Okay, I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this question, but I thought I'd get advice anyway. I'm a new knottie, so go easy! :) 

I'm confused about the bolded?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards