Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Pasta Pans

We are doing Pasta pans from Buca Di Beppo for our wedding in July. We are getting a salad, red sauce option, white sauce option and vegetarian. Everything comes with bread and butter as well. I can't decide how many of the two mains to get though (Red and white sauce) because some people will probably have some of both. We will have roughly 200 people, do I need to get enough of each for 200???

Would love some opinions!! 

Re: Pasta Pans

• Options
    The caterer should be able to guide you....they have the experience.
  • Options
    jacques27jacques27 member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2015
    Generally no, you don't have to get 200 servings of each, but it's going to depend on a variety of factors and you haven't given enough info.  Are you having a cocktail hour with food beforehand?  Is this for lunch or dinner?  Are you serving additional sides?  Are you picking pastas with proteins or are you serving proteins on the side? 

You local restaurant should have a catering manager.  They should be qualified to help you navigate how much to order once you give them enough information.  That's their job.
  • Options
    Ask the rep at Buca. I've used them for a few events, and they've never steered me in the wrong direction. 

I recommend getting just a little more than they recommend though (1-2 trays more of each), since sometimes they undersell items. But no, most people will not eat a full serving of both. That'd be enough food for 400 people, and 1/2 would end up a landfill.  
  • Options
    Definitely ask the Buca people. It'll especially depend on what your veg option is - something like vegetable lasagna would probably have more crossover appeal to the omnivores than a primavera might (IME). Keep in mind too that even if people take some of each, they're probably not taking full servings of each - probably a half to three-quarter portion of each thing. 

Best guess, I think you'll want to have about 300 total servings of food for 200 people, and figure out the proportions from there.

• Options
    snippet17 said:
    Do you have anything for people who hate sauce on their pasta? DH would not eat any of your entrees. 
    Ugh - this would be my H as well... 
  • Options
    Also, consider whether or not guests will be serving themselves. They will likely take way more food if they are, and if you have someone manning the station you can present it as this or that, or at least make sure they aren't taking 2-3 full servings of pasta.

I mention this because I always take way more than I can actually eat when there is a buffet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards