Not Engaged Yet
Options

Did someone say OMH?

HELLOOOOO!!!!! I'm back!!

Thanks for all the love, I signed in and it was all notifications from impatient peeps wanting an AW! I wasn't really around the couple of days before the wedding, and then we left for our HM (Barbados) first thing on the Monday after the wedding. I think most of you are on vacation today? Memorial Day? It's my first day back at work, which is le suck; SO much email, it's unreal. So obviously this is a better use of my time!

And now...what you have asked for!

Link to the sneak peak that our photographer posted last week: http://www.littlebluelemon.com/blog/

I seriously don't think we could have had a better wedding day. Nothing went wrong, the weather was beautiful (actually, hot. Like it was 30 and humid. When we booked the date we figured we would be lucky to see 18 or 20 that early in May, so that was a big surprise). The only slight bummer was that I was still sick...the strep was knocked out by the antibiotics, but I definitely had laryngitis. I was okay through the morning and the ceremony, but went downhill fast during the reception because I HAD to talk. I sounded horrible on Sunday and woke up with absolutely no voice on Monday! It was sad...but also hilarious for H (YEAH THAT'S RIGHT, I HAVE A HUSBAND!)

My sister stayed over the night before the wedding, and my other BMs showed up early to start getting ready. We had hair and makeup come to my house, so we all had breakfast and mimosas and girly time together. My parents came over a few hours later so that my mom could have her hair and makeup done too...and my dad brought a chair and sat outside with a book lol.

Our photo and video people went to do the photos of C and his GMs and parents first, and then came over and did photos with me and the girls and my parents before we went to the church. Hilarious: they were standing outside and were taking pictures and video when I came and opened the door. At which point they told me that they had accidentally gone up to our neighbour's house, knocked on the door. and (filming) were excited and yelling "happy wedding day!" when our neighbor opened the door and scared the crap out of him! So we have that on tape and I'm dying to see it.

All pretty and ready to go:

The ceremony was wonderful. It was happy and full of love but still serious. C was able to get the audio from a cover of Sara Bareillas "I Choose You" that we used for the processional, and it was 100% exactly how I had hoped. I managed NOT to cry, which felt like a small miracle. One of my favourite moments was affirmation of family and friends; our minister had our guests stand up together and asked if they would support our marriage through the future. Hearing all of our family and friends voice their support and love as part of the ceremony was an amazing moment.

We did our family portraits in the church after the ceremony and then the WP went and did photos while everyone else went up to the venue. C and I got a separate car to take us from the church to photos, and it was really nice to have 20 minutes alone together; definitely worth it in our eyes. Unfortunately the AC had died a few days before the wedding and it was hot as balls in the car! This was as we were leaving the church:

It ALMOST rained as we were starting photos...started really lightly, and then just blew away, thankfully. We had so much fun during photos, which I think is pretty apparent in the pictures. Our photo and video people were great and we just got to goof around I can't wait to see everything that they caught on camera!

When we got up to the venue C and I went and did a few more photos without the WP, and then our venue had a plate of the hors d'oeuvres in a side room for us, so we had a few minutes to ourselves. And THAT'S when I cried. I have absolutely no idea why! I had all the feels all of a sudden!

Dinner was fantastic. I don't think I ever shared my menu: we had a spinach salad with strawberries and goat cheese and pecans to start, then butternut squash agnolotti in a sage and brown butter sauce (I could've eaten that until I exploded), and then a choice of chicken stuffed with sundried tomatoes and mushrooms or bacon-wrapped beef tenderloin. We had alternating deserts because we couldn't decide, so half our guests got a raspberry chocolate mousse and the other half got a lemon cake with white chocolate mascarpone filling. I'm actually salivating thinking about how good that dinner was. Everything was great at the tasting, but I wasn't sure if it would be just as good when they were serving 140 people, but everything was the right temperature and everyone got the food they were supposed to have and we had SO MANY people tell us that they loved their meal. Our photographers stole us for a few minutes as the sun was going down too, so we got some nice evening pictures as well.

Our parents and MOH and BM all gave really nice speeches (through dinner, so people were eating and weren't held captive later!). My parents and ILs made me tear up, but my sister actually made me cry. My BMs also created a drinking game for speeches which was a terrible wonderful idea. I love them so so much.

And after that it was just fun party goodness! Cake cutting and dances (C and I danced to Ellie Goulding's "How Long Will I Love You" and my dad and I danced to his band's cover of Tom Petty's "Wildflowers". C and his mom chose not to dance) and we both got to spend lots of time chatting with our guests. We also made sure to take a couple of opportunities to just sit together and take everything in; having all of the people that we love in one room was so wonderful! I can't actually describe how amazing it felt.

I couldn't have asked for a better day, or a better H, or a better IL family, or a better anything. It was wonderful is so many ways. And I want to thank all of you ladies for being excited with me! And for keeping me from driving my friends crazy with wedding talk!

We spent the day after the wedding sleeping, and hit the brunches that both sides of the family had, and opened all our presents and stuff. And then Monday we fly off to Barbados for 10 days! It was heaven and exactly what we needed, and for the first few days we did nothing but sit on the beach and swim and nap. I can post more about my trip later, this post is plenty long on it's own, BUT my birthday was the 13th and this is what we did:

And now we're home and tanned and happy (and healthy, finally) and looking forward to our summer! We have lots of plans for the house and lots of projects that we want to tackle now that we aren't planning a wedding!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Did someone say OMH?

• Options
    Fantastic! I'm glad everything went so well for you - congratulations, OMH!
  • Options
    I couldn't love this more. Congratulations and everything looks AMAZING!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    I love everything about this post!!

You looked beautiful and so very super happy! 
    Your dress was amazing!
    I love the color and the different BM dresses.
    And of course the sea turtle was pretty awesome too.

Love it love it love it!!

Thanks for sharing

Anniversary
  • Options
    Oh my god, you are breathtaking. The picture of you leaning out of the car is stunning. Wow. What a beautiful day! Congratulations! 

• Options
    Your dress is amazing and you look gorgeous!! So glad everything went so wonderfully (except being sick).

• Options
    Congrats!! You look so gorgeous, I love your dress! And that's hilarious about them going to the wrong house!

• Options
    500days500days member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Absolutely stunning! Your dress is amazing. Congratulations to you and your H!!!!!
  • Options
    You are absolutely gorgeous!
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Congrats! You were stunning and look so happy!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    You. Are. GORGEOUS! I couldn't have smiled any bigger than I was while reading your whole recap! CONGRATS!!!!!!!

• Options
    You're married!!!! You look SO FREAKING GORGEOUS in those photos - your H is one lucky guy!! So happy to hear you had a perfect day!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    OMG LOVE ALL OF THIS! I'm so happy to hear that your wedding day was everything you ever hoped for! The pictures are gorgeous and everything looks so beautiful! Definitely AW about your honeymoon!
  • Options
    Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! So happy for you that your day was perfect! Congrats!

• Options
    I LOVE IT ALL!!!!!!  And your dress was perfection.  Your pictures are gorgeous.  You are just glowing!!  
  • Options
    Love this!!!! You looked amazing and HAPPY!!! I love all the pictures you shared and that video of your neighbors is going to be a riot! Thank you for sharing this with us!!
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    Congratulations!!!!!!  You look STUNNING!!! There is so much happiness in these pictures I could just almost burst.
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited May 2015
    I love love love this so much!!! You look absolutely gorgeous, your dress was fantastic, your H (eee!!!) looked so handsome, your wedding looks amazing! And is your dad wearing a kilt? How cool is that???

Please do some more HM AWs!! I love that photo of you and the sea turtle together!!!!

ETA: My dad and I danced to Wildflowers by Tom Petty too. Love that song!

• Options
    Congrats! You look gorgeous I'm so glad the day went so well.

Anniversary

• Options

Eeeeee thanks ladies! It was such a great day, I loved getting to write about it!

@caseface5 - The neighbours actually came over to our house behind the photographers, they popped their heads around the garage as they were telling us what happened. We hadn't even met them yet!!

@labro - I love that song so much! We sort of forgot how long it is though lol

Will AW about HM later, am drowning in email over here! Catching up at work is the worst!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    YAY! you look GORGEOUS i love your dress and the BM dresses. it sounds like everything was wonderful! congrats!!!!!
  • Options
    AlPacinaAlPacina member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2015

What a great post! Sounds like it (mostly) couldn't have gone better.

Your photos are to die for! Especially the one of you leaning out the car window. WOW. And your first dance pictures are breathtaking.

I'm glad you had such a wonderful wedding and an amazing honeymoon!

• Options
    I'm so glad to hear that you had a wonderful wedding day and honeymoon! You looked stunning and everything looked amazing! 

• Options
    Minus the being sick part it sounds like everything was perfect! Your photos came out so well, and you look stunning! But your honeymoon picture with the sea turtle is definitely my favorite, because that is just awesome!
  • Options
    ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!! You are beautiful, and look so SO happy! I'm so glad everything went so well!! And I'm jealous that you got to swim with turtles!! 

OMH club!! :-D

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    I'm in love with it all! Congratulations, OMH!! 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards