Not Engaged Yet

Friday!!!!

Happy Friday!!

I took Maddux to my parent's house this morning and they were still sleeping and he jumped on their bed and gave each of them their morning face licks in the only way Maddux knows how....forcefully and slobbery. They were laughing so all is well lol.

Happy wedding weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! @Hummingbird125 I know your day is going to be absolutely beautiful and I can't wait for you to come back and AW everything!!! Have a beautiful day and a wonderful honeymoon!

Tonight DH has to work so I'm going to go work out and hang out with Maddux. Yesterday DH and I went to a breastfeeding class and my mind is full of information! We learned so much and I feel so much better now about being prepared to feed my baby. Before I felt like I knew the gist but now I feel like I know where to start and what to do if things aren't working quite right.

Saturday we are sleeping in forever and then I'm going shopping with my Mom and maybe @labro for girly stuff to put on my registry. Then maybe it will finally be done before invitations are sent out for the showers lol.

Sunday DH is working all day and I plan to get some things hung up around the house and do some final unpacking. Now that we have our rental home off of our hands..I feel like I can finally break into our new home and do some major unpacking.

Re: Friday!!!!

• Gooooood morning!

Happy wedding weekend @Hummingbird125 !!!!

I needed to get more done last night but I was just exhausted and feeling lazy. I got a few more things unpacked, but we still have lots to take care of. The problem that I'm running into is that we don't have a hutch or a sideboard for our nice serving pieces and I don't have anywhere in the kitchen to store some of our small appliances; we have a perfect corner nook to get something to store them in, but we haven't done that yet...so until then they will be sitting in boxes in the dining rom :(

Tonight we're having dinner with the ILs (awww, I like calling them that) and then going home to do more cleaning/unpacking and hopefully make a plan for buying closet stuff and a few other pieces of furniture. And I need to buy a wedding gift and a baby shower gift.

Tomorrow my sister and I are doing the Colour Me Rad 5K, and then I'll hopefully have some down time before my work friends' wedding (this isn't bad grammar, they both work with me!). I am so stupidly happy for them and can't wait for tomorrow evening!

Then Sunday I have church and a baby shower for H's cousin. The first 3 weddings after we got back have 2 bridal showers, a wedding, and a baby shower. I need to not get invited to anything for a while, I have shit to do on the weekends!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Morning ladies. @hummingbird125 - ONE MORE SLEEP!!!!

I'm sore as heck from today's CF workout (how did DH like today's WOD, @southerpeach89?) and it's only going to get worse. It's a 'good sore', though, right?

Tonight DH and I will probably straighten up the house and maybe go grab a glass of wine somewhere. 

Tomorrow, I'm volunteering at a GOTR 5k (from 5:45-6:45a... what was I thinking?) then I'm going to come home, get ready, go to Old Navy, and then see @tuarceatha and Mr. Tuarceatha for a BrewFest... woohoo!

Sunday we have no plans, which is glorious.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @lmcooper86 Geez!!! Busy busy busy! It sounds like a fun weekend though!

@cu97tiger DH won't get to WOD today since he is working tonight but I'll be doing it and I'll probably want to cry.
  • Happy Friday lovely ladies!  I’m sorry I’ve been MIA lately.  H and I went on vacation, then I lost my login for this site because my computer crashed and I forgot my old email account (when I signed up I thought I was going to get spam so I chose something totally random and forgot it) and then we had two weddings to attend (one of which I had to perform in and the other of which was three days long but so fun…I'll try to find a picture of the one day I wore a Sari for the Sangeet...it was super cute).  Add work and home projects and, whew, I had no time. 

I ALSO see congrats are in order for @GoldenPenguin @lmcooper86 @KeptInStitches and @lilacck86 – Welcome to the OMH club!!!  You ladies were lovely (though I’m not sure if I missed @lilacck86’s pictures, I’m sure you were lovely too J).  Seriously, you gals were rocking and all so beautiful… your H’s weren’t too bad either ;)

@cutiger97 - BrewFest sounds fun!!

@lmcooper86 - Ugh, I feel you on unpacking.  I still have boxes I haven't unpacked and its been like 8 months.  Yikes.

@southernpeach89 - Was the breastfeeding class hard?  I'm nervous I won't get enough milk in when we eventually get KU.  My mom and my sister both didn't but I don't know if its genetic?

H and I plan on planting our garden this weekend. 

• @SouthernPeach Love puppy kisses in the morning!! Also have fun picking out girly things! 

@ImCooper86 Sounds like a fun and busy weekend! I want a corner cabinet thing that I think your talking about! LOL Maybe someday we can build one in.

@cu97tiger Have fun at the brewfest!

@Hummingbird125 YAY wedding weeeknd! Have the best day ever!

Tonight I have to run to my moms and grab some stuff and drop some stuff off at my aunts. Then home to relax and hang at home.

Tomorrow I have a baby shower during the day and then tomorrow night we are going to the Habatchi for BF's birthday. 

Sunday is BF's actual birthday so we will be doing whatever he wants to do. My parents can't make our dinner tomorrow because it's their anniversary so they offered to cook us a big dinner on Sunday so we might go there. 

Should be a good weekend! Happy Friday Everyone!!
    friends tv show funy
  • @minskat30 Welcome back! Missed you around these parts! The class was a little overwhelming at first because there was SO MUCH information but I know when the time comes, I will be glad I took this class in case something like I don't have enough milk or any other issues occur. My mom's milk didn't come in for very long. She only breastfed us for about 3 months and fed us formula as well. I guess we will see what happens...I'm hoping for the best. The teacher advised us that stimulation is key at the beginning...even if there isn't a lot of milk.
  • @Caseface5 Happy birthday to your BF this weekend! Hope y'all have a fun day together!

@Dignity100 Good luck with looking at the open house. Hopefully it's what you've been looking for.

• Thanks @southernpeach89!  I missed you ladies too.  I'll definately be reading up on breastfeeding and taking classes when we get KU.  Ironic that something so "simple" is actually pretty hard.
  • edited May 2015
    @minskat30, thank you!

I will read when I have time ...

I have another book chapter to review this morning and possibly a proposal. Chapter's due tomorrow, proposal is due Monday, and there's no way the PIs didn't know about the deadlines before now. Argh argh argh. So this evening if I'm not done with one or the other of those things, that's what I get to work on. Otherwise I have knitting or, if I'm feeling motivated, huge-ass report for one of the departments for accreditation.

Tomorrow is review and/or housework with an eye to finishing the integration of the new pots and pans. Also laundry because the laundry occupies an absolutely shameful portion of the closet floor. H may mow - it depends on how dry it is.

Sunday is for more housework and/or knitting.

ETA: And if H and I get a minute, there will be an AW post of professional photos today!
  • @minskat30 welcome back!

@cu97tiger have fun at the brewfest!

@southernpeach89 glad you found the breastfeeding class helpful!

I'm so glad it's Friday! I'm tired and am looking forward to mid days naps during the weekend.  Tonight  I have no plans other than some studying and watching the Ranger's game.  I finally set up a date to take my exam July 23rd, so only 8 more weeks of studying!!

Tomorrow is my niece's dance recital so we have to go to that, luckily she's more advanced now and is in several routines so I'm looking forward to it.   Sunday we are going down to visit the IL's for breakfast since SIL & BIL are in town.  Not sure what the plans are for the rest of Sunday, probably just relaxing.  I expect a run for groceries too.  I hope I can still get in a decent amount of studying, given all of our plans, but this is the last busy weekend we have for awhile.  I am fully expecting this day to drag.

Anniversary

• Happy wedding weekend, @Hummingbird125!!!

I'm so glad it's Friday!!!  I'm out of here at 11:30...  YAY!!!
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I've been at work since 5:45am this morning, and I'm here till 6pm. But the good news is that I'm on track to be done by 6; sometimes, it takes me a while to get this particular experiment going, so there was a chance I was going to be stuck here later. And I've been productive all morning; I've got three hours before I meet with my advisor, which is plenty of time to collect and analyze a bunch of data to show him. And then I'll have 4+ hours to finish my work for the day, which is plenty of time.

Tomorrow, I've got a bridal shower to attend, and this weekend, J and I are going to work on cleaning out the office a bit. We're both so tired of it being HORRIBLE.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @TwoDimes UGH I'm so jealous!!! I can't wait to see Pitch Perfect 2!!
  • happy wedding weekend @hummingnbird125!!!

@minskat30 i was wondering where youve been. i saw your post in the thread about e-rings and thought maybe i missed a post from you AWing your mexico trip?

no major plans this weekend. BF is working tonight and tomorrow so im going shopping tonight and tomorrow might go to the beach (by myself...womp womp) for a few hours. then have to take my doggie to the vet. debating treating myself to a pedicure for being SO GOOD on my diet. sunday BF is off and we are running a 5k and then going to watch his friends play gaelic football (mix between rugby and soccer). BF plays too but on a different team that doesnt have a game this weekend.
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @KeptInStitches Can't wait to see some pro pictures!!! Please AW all the little details!!

@minskat30 I've missed you and I've been wondering where you've been! Glad you had a wonderful vacation!

@southernpeach89 Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Maddux! I hope I get to shop with you tomorrow!

@Hummingbird125 YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED TOMORROW!!! I hope you have the best day ever and an amazing honeymoon with your H!! OMG!

@cu97tiger Sounds like a fun weekend! I hope you enjoy the Brewfest with @tuarceatha!

@Dignity100 I hope you like the open house tomorrow. Good luck!

@AlPacina Any news on your offer from yesterday?

This is going to be a pretty quiet weekend for me. I'm WFH today and if I have time then I'll go outside and pull some weeds and do some gardening.

Tomorrow H has to work (ugghhh I hate these quarterly things) and then he's going to a friends birthday party so I pretty much have the day to myself. I plan on going for a run with my mom and hopefully I'll get to shop with her and @southernpeach89. I'm waiting on someone to drop something off at my house so it's all dependent on that unfortunately.

Sunday will probably be more yardwork if it doesn't rain.

• @jenjen047 good luck with your 5k!
  • @jenjen047 - I know, I didn't AW the trip photos.  I ended up taking more videos than photos and have been meaning to post a tripadvisor review and post the video to youtube.  I'll link it once I do. And now I'm having issues uploading pictures anyway...my computer is being wonky.  Glad to be back though...missed you ladies!  
  • @minskat30 the important question is...did you have an incredible time??

@southernpeach89 thank you!
  • @GoldenPenguin yay for Dirty Jerz, that is all. Have a great time!!

Anniversary

• @labro - Still no news :S I'm waiting until 8 to call our realtor. She knows my BF has to get to bed early so she might not have wanted to bug us last night. We ended up changing our offer last minute because there was a second offer slightly better than ours, haha. I'm so freakin anxious! 

• Oh my gosh, I am dead on my feet today. Basically all of Dallas is exhausted this morning. We had a huuuuuge storm come in late last night, and it lasted most of the night. Between the very loud thunder and the countless flood warnings NWS pushed through to our phones ALL NIGHT LONG, I am running on fumes today. 

There's no flooding where I am, and we didn't lose power, so we're fine. There are a lot of streets in the area that were flooded last night though. I've seen quite a few pictures on Facebook of people stuck in awful traffic because so many roads are closed right now.

Also, last night I dropped my phone on concrete, and the screen shattered. Joy. The earliest appointment I could get with Apple is tomorrow afternoon... silver lining is that today is pay day. :)

I need to wake up a bit, and then I'll go through and read and respond to everyone else's posts. Time to hook up an IV with caffeine (aka drink a ton of highly caffeinated tea) and get through some emails. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @TwoDimes - That picture is adorable!  
  • @minskat30 - that looks incredible!!!
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @minskat30 You look GORGEOUS in your sari!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards