Wedding Invitations & Paper

International Thank You Cards

I've just received my first wedding present from a guest overseas and now I'm trying to figure out how to properly thank her. International mail has let us down in the past (several invitations to family members got lost along the way, including hers). I would vastly prefer to either email a thank you note, thank her over the phone, give her the note in person when she arrives for the wedding, or mail it to a closer relative (her son in Texas or the aunt she'll be staying with when she visits). Are any of these acceptable and if not, how can I be sure she receives what I'm sending so I'm not permanently dubbed "that ungrateful relative".
Just Married!

Re: International Thank You Cards

• edited May 2015
    justsie said:
    spglsp said:
    I've just received my first wedding present from a guest overseas and now I'm trying to figure out how to properly thank her. International mail has let us down in the past (several invitations to family members got lost along the way, including hers). I would vastly prefer to either email a thank you note, thank her over the phone, give her the note in person when she arrives for the wedding, or mail it to a closer relative (her son in Texas or the aunt she'll be staying with when she visits). Are any of these acceptable and if not, how can I be sure she receives what I'm sending so I'm not permanently dubbed "that ungrateful relative".
    I would sent it through the mail and follow up with a phone call a few weeks later to check and see if they recieved it.
    That's what I'd do, too, but I also see nothing wrong with handing her a thank you card in person. It also depends on the timing; it looks like your wedding is in a month, and that might not be enough time for her to receive a thank you card before she arrives for your wedding. Handing it to her in person might be safer for multiple reasons.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards