Knottie Tech Help

Logging in/out

So the site is still randomly logging me out. In fact today it showed me as logged in until I tried to "love" something and then it told me I needed to log in to do that. Even though it looked like I was logged in because the comment box was available to me. And then I tried to post a comment and was told I didn't have permission to do that because despite appearing to be logged in I was in fact, of course, logged back out.

Is this issue actually going to be fixed or is this just the new normal now?

Have you guys considered getting a new IT department? 

Re: Logging in/out

• MagicInk said:

So the site is still randomly logging me out. In fact today it showed me as logged in until I tried to "love" something and then it told me I needed to log in to do that. Even though it looked like I was logged in because the comment box was available to me. And then I tried to post a comment and was told I didn't have permission to do that because despite appearing to be logged in I was in fact, of course, logged back out.

I had to login to show some love for your comment. Same thing has been happening with my account for about a month. And now the "login" option isn't available to me in the main menu. It's just gone. Where did it go?

• Hi there,

Our tech team is currently working to fix both issues ASAP. Both problems are tied together and it's turning out to be a bigger issue than anticipated, but will be resolved soon. I am so sorry you're experiencing these issues!!

Thank you,
    KH
  • MagicInk said:

I had to login to show some love for your comment. Same thing has been happening with my account for about a month. And now the "login" option isn't available to me in the main menu. It's just gone. Where did it go?
    Don't worry @julie_shannon the IT department is working on it! They've been working on it for several months now. This is clearly an easy programming fix. But ya know...the IT department at XO group looks something like this:

• @magicink, loved for "The IT Crowd."
  • KnotHolly said:

Hi there,

Our tech team is currently working to fix both issues ASAP. Both problems are tied together and it's turning out to be a bigger issue than anticipated, but will be resolved soon. I am so sorry you're experiencing these issues!!

Thank you,
    KH
    Oh yes. I totally believe you.

Of course this has been issue since the whole "update" y'all launched several months ago. But no...I believe this issue will actually be resolved in a timely manner. So long as we redifine the word timely.
  • @KnotHolly and @KnotRiley

What exactly is XO Group's definition of "ASAP". Because this problem has been going on for months and it's still going on today.

It seems like you want us to go "Oh ok they are working on it, I will in the corner and be quiet about it now" and hope we all forget about an ongoing issue that has yet to be fixed despite your users continually bringing it to your attention.

I know you're working on super important things like...making sure everyone stays all positive all the time. And turning The Knot into the The Bump. But lets get an ETA on what shit that matters will actually be fixed. Mkay?
  • JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2015
    @magicink - It's ASAPF silly, not ASAP.  As soon as pigs fly.  <Said in a sing-songy positive voice, not meant to be taken in a negative tone of course!>

It is extremely frustrating to see issues linger that affect the usability of the site.  But, past experience has shown that TK doesn't really care about the important things.  TK gods change all the time and with each change I hope that things will improve, but sadly they don't.

ETA - I looked through some of the recent posts....."ASAP" seems to be used a lot, then there's no follow up.  It shows poor client service and is not good for reputation, TK!

ETA again - How come on the previous page listing the threads, it says the "Most Recent" comment was from me, but it has a date of 5/21.  I posted this today, 5/23.  Are we time traveling?
  • Mine's doing this too--and I also can't update my account settings!!! Every time I go to update something in my settings, it pops up with an error message: "This username is already in use!" yeah... by me!
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2015

I have not been able to log in from the main menu on my iPad for months. The entire drop down menu is no longer available. It has been cut off and now begins with the "ideas and etiquette" option. I have bookmarked a "new user" log in page, but even that page is full of glitches. I often have to log in 3-4 times before I am actually sent to the boards. To sign in is also a feat similar to "following the bouncing ball". The log in screen continually bounces up and down on the page as I try to type in my username and password.
  • JoanE2012 said:

@magicink - It's ASAPF silly, not ASAP.  As soon as pigs fly.  <Said in a sing-songy positive voice, not meant to be taken in a negative tone of course!>

It is extremely frustrating to see issues linger that affect the usability of the site.  But, past experience has shown that TK doesn't really care about the important things.  TK gods change all the time and with each change I hope that things will improve, but sadly they don't.

ETA - I looked through some of the recent posts....."ASAP" seems to be used a lot, then there's no follow up.  It shows poor client service and is not good for reputation, TK!

ETA again - How come on the previous page listing the threads, it says the "Most Recent" comment was from me, but it has a date of 5/21.  I posted this today, 5/23.  Are we time traveling?
    They've pinned it down like they did the TOS PSA thread in chitchat. They don't want to be reminded that there are still people who can't be positive and patient. They'd rather bury dissenting thinkers than actually deal with us.

The login issue is a problem that should be fixable in a day.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • VulgarGirlVulgarGirl member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2015
    Guys! Their tech team is working on it!

The tech team is one very drunk monkey so this could take awhile.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards