Wedding Invitations & Paper

International guests' invitations

I know the normal time to send out invitations is 6-8 weeks. What about invitations to international guests? How much earlier should they be sent?

Re: International guests' invitations

• justsiejustsie member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    I know the normal time to send out invitations is 6-8 weeks. What about invitations to international guests? How much earlier should they be sent?
    Id send them a Save the Date or give them a phone call with the information, and then send the invitation 8 weeks out. 
  • Our international mailings at work go out only a few days ahead of our domestic mailings and usually arrive at the same time as domestic mailings, so it doesn't have to be a lot early, but I'd probably send them a good week before the domestic invitations just to make sure. But definitely, definitely send save-the-dates (or call or email) several months out so they have lots of time to make travel plans.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We did send save the dates. I was just wondering about the actual invitations because of the reply cards. We are including an insert telling them they can email their replies if they wish since we can't put the correct postage on the reply card envelopes.
  • We did not send a STD to our one international guest; however, we had been communicating with him WAY in advance of the wedding, so that he was aware of the details. I sent out his invitation along with the rest of the domestic invites. I included a note as well saying that he could RSVP by email and did not need to return his reply card to me. 

We were lucky that he was the only guest we had to do this with. I'm not sure that this is proper etiquette, but it seemed to work well for us. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We mailed our international invites at 10 weeks out. Even 12 weeks in advance would be reasonable if you're sending it to a country that doesn't have fast mail service or is very far. 

We also spread the word that invitations were coming and to email/call with RSVP whenever they knew. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards