Pre-wedding Parties

Shower host thank-you gift for friend who is headed to another country?

My friend threw me an absolutely beautiful wedding shower this past weekend. I know she put a ton of work and money into it, and I would like to buy her something to show her my appreciation. We are not having a wedding party so she didn't do it out of some sort of maid-of-honor duty - she just did it because she is an awesome friend. 

The problem is, she'll be leaving the country (US) in less than 10 days to go work in Somalia (no joke) and will get back just before my wedding at the end of July. What can I buy her? I know she would enjoy a restaurant gift certificate, but I feel like it would be silly to buy her something she can't use. Does anyone have any suggestions for what she may enjoy? Maybe something she can use while traveling? 

Thanks in advance!

Re: Shower host thank-you gift for friend who is headed to another country?

• Does she like to read?  A GC for her Nook or Kindle or whatever would be great.  She can buy some new books for her trip.

You could always take her out for a nice dinner as a way to thank her for the party and also as a "good luck on your work venture."

But really a heartfelt thank you note always goes a long way.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards