New Jersey

Il Vilaggio Carlstadt, NJ

Hey does anyone have any reveiws or heard anything about this place as a reception venue???

Re: Il Vilaggio Carlstadt, NJ

• MelissaSusMelissaSus member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I checked it out. Its very nice and clean inside, I have heard mixed reviews about the food though. I think its around 125 pp before tax and tip depending on the day of the wedding. I know it was recently renovated into a reception hall so the ballroom is beautiful. The bridal room is huge.
  • edited December 2011

Is this the one thats connected to the meadowlands plaza hotel?  If so I went to a wedding in 2007 there, personally I did not like the food at either the cocktail hour or the reception.  This was right after it was renovated, and a long time ago so maybe its changed.  It didn't leave any standing impression on me at all.  We also stayed at the hotel for two nights and they screwed up all our reservations, and we had to wait like an hour before we could check in because none of the rooms were ready (other guests had the same issue) and it was after check in time.

• kellykeadykellykeady member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've attended a wedding there and my FI was in the wedding too! We thought it was great! The food is excellent, ecspecially the cocktail hour. They treated the whole bridal party like they were gold....amazing place!Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jerseybride24jerseybride24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ok thanks!! I loved it! I am going to dinner there Saturday so I just wanted to get some feedback here!
  • edited December 2011
    I was going to suggest a tasting of some sort!

Kelly-we have opposite experiences, hope it wasn't the same wedding LOL :)
  • Kelly123TimKelly123Tim member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    it's not connected to a hotel.

i thought the ballroom was beautiful and the main hall/ bar was super cool. we liked that they have flat sceens behind the bar. they told us they could play a photo slideshow on a loop during cocktail hour. 

i did go to a tasting there. we thought the food was really good. 

i didn't choose it though because of the coloring in the ballroom. my colors are black and white and they have more brown/ blues thing going. again, very pretty if you're not having black tablecloths etc like i plan on. silly i know, but these are the things we brides look at.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards