Wedding Reception Forum

Food choices at small renewal

We are having a small renewal, about 30 people.  It is at a church so the reception is a dinner, no alcohol.  It is Wyoming, so we are going with a western theme...lol   My question is with so few people we are planning on a buffet with only one main course, should we have two?

Best Answers

• lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Answer ✓
    I always suggest the most amount of options your budget can afford.   

Also, the more people you have the more options you have.   Feeding a family of 6 the same meal is one thing.  Trying to pick one meal for 30 is a little harder.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 

Answers

• Well, keep in mind your guests' dietary issues too.  If anyone who can't eat something will be attending, and you are only serving one option with that ingredient in it, that particular guest won't be able to eat it.  So I'd maximize the number of options your budget will allow for.
  • Thanks...I will definitely add another main option, and I do have several sides on my list.  The funny thing Jen4948 is that I have Gastroparesis, so I can not eat 90% of the food.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards