Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Vegetarian & Kids Meal Option on RSVP's?

If your venue offers a Vegetarian option, is it customary to include that in your meal options on the RSVP's? FI doesn't think he has any vegetarian's on his side, I think I may have 1 or 2. Also, we are inviting kids to our reception. Our venue has a kids meal option for those 10 and under, should I include that as well?

Re: Vegetarian & Kids Meal Option on RSVP's?

• Options
    Are you having a plated or buffet meal?  And if you are doing a plated are you offering choices or is there only one choice?

No matter what I would make sure you have a spot where people can note their allergies or food preference (vegetarian or vegan).

With the kids meal it would be nice to note what it is and have a place for the parent to mark whether or not they want that option for their child.

• Options
    beachyone15beachyone15 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited June 2015
    I think it's always good to include the vegetarian entree - it just gives people more options. Some people who aren't vegetarians may want that option too.

Re: the kids plate. It's up to you. I personally did not include a kid's option on our RSVPs b/c we only invited children who were immediate family (so there was only two). I didn't want to list a kids option and have everyone assume that all kids were invited.

ETF: spelling

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    We are having plated and yes offering 2 options, 3 I suppose if we include the vegetarian. So if that's the case, then I should probably include it. 
    Should I just state: Vegetarian option, or if I know specifically what it is, which I do, should I list what it is?
  • Options
    Yes you should be slightly detailed (nothing crazy) when you list the food choices.  Like if you put chicken but don't mention it is stuffed with blue cheese, then me a blue cheese hater will be a bit disappointed when that item is placed in front of me.

• Options
    pennydl said:
    We are having plated and yes offering 2 options, 3 I suppose if we include the vegetarian. So if that's the case, then I should probably include it. 
    Should I just state: Vegetarian option, or if I know specifically what it is, which I do, should I list what it is?
    Give details.  People need to know if what you're offering is compatible with their dietary issues, so they can avoid anything they can't eat and plan to eat ahead of time or later if they need to.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Yes, you should include the vegetarian and children's option on the rsvp: Mushroom Ravioli in white wine sauce, Chicken Tenders and fries. 

Don't be surprised when you recieve some RSVPs with additonal dietary requirements - gluten free, nut free, dairy free, kosher etc... or if adults want to order the children's meal. 

• Options
    ... or if adults want to order the children's meal. 

How do you handle that request? Just say ok or call the guest and explain that option is only for kids, in the case of our venue, for those 10 and under?

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Are you sure your venue won't allow adults to order the children's option? I'd try calling the banquet manager to see if they'd allow it. I don't see why they wouldn't, as long as you are willing to pay the adult price for the child's meal. If the banquet manager says no, then you'll have to call the guest for their second choice. 

• Options
    edited June 2015
    I included the vegetarian option on my card because I wanted to give people choices.  I didn't include kid's meals.  I contacted the parents of the children after invites went out and let them know that a kid's meal is provided (and what the options were).    
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards