Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

We have an Officiant!!!

Just had to share my excitement! We really wanted FIs brother to officiate the ceremony but he couldn't remember if their sister had asked him when she got married 6 years ago and if she did he obviously said no. He talked it all out with her and she's on board so he's going to do it for us and I could not be happier about it! That is one thing I am very happy to cross off the list, he is a fantastic public speaker and really funny, I also wanted someone close to us to do it since we are not religious at all and want to keep it very intimate. 

His wife called me to tell me that his #1 concern is "can he make it funny".

Anyone else have a family member or friend officiate for them? 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: We have an Officiant!!!

• That's awesome! I think when you can use a family member or friend it can make the ceremony seem much more intimate.

• We literally just decided yesterday that my brother will be officiating our ceremony for us! I am very hppy for you too :)

• Just had to share my excitement! We really wanted FIs brother to officiate the ceremony but he couldn't remember if their sister had asked him when she got married 6 years ago and if she did he obviously said no. He talked it all out with her and she's on board so he's going to do it for us and I could not be happier about it! That is one thing I am very happy to cross off the list, he is a fantastic public speaker and really funny, I also wanted someone close to us to do it since we are not religious at all and want to keep it very intimate. 

His wife called me to tell me that his #1 concern is "can he make it funny".

Anyone else have a family member or friend officiate for them? 
    I officiated my sister's wedding.  I had so much fun!  All my jokes hit.  And I got to declare the couple married in Portuguese AND in English.  It was great.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards