Flowers

Florist... using my own flowers?

Is it rude to ask a florist to use some of your own personal flowers? I'm getting married next June and I have 14 peony bushes of my own. I would really love to incorporate these flowers (they are my grandfather's 65 year old bushes), but would also like a florist to make my life easier. Could I ask a florist to use these, in addition to other flowers?
Thank you!

Re: Florist... using my own flowers?

• justsiejustsie member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Is it rude to ask a florist to use some of your own personal flowers? I'm getting married next June and I have 14 peony bushes of my own. I would really love to incorporate these flowers (they are my grandfather's 65 year old bushes), but would also like a florist to make my life easier. Could I ask a florist to use these, in addition to other flowers?
    Thank you!
    I don't think it would be rude to ask, but be prepared for them to say no. 
  • Given the circumstance - remember that you are paying for the florist's time (higher cost than the actual blooms involved) so this may not save a penny, but you can always ask as if you're willing to pay for their time and accept the limitations (i.e. the flowers bloom late/early, it rains, etc.) and go in with that premise then I'd say it's worth asking.  This one isn't like you're going to Sam's and purchasing flowers for the florist to put together which I couldn't see ANY florist working with you on, but if they're coming to pick them or you bring them in that's a different discussion...  Just remember to properly fertilize this year for next!
  • As someone who worked in a florist for many years, I don't see many florists saying no to this.  But I would talk to the florist about the possibility of these flowers not blooming when you need them. Also talk to them about the best time to cut them/how to cut them (length of stem and such) and if you need to do anything special to the water you put them in prior to taking them to the florist.

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    As someone who worked in a florist for many years, I don't see many florists saying no to this.  But I would talk to the florist about the possibility of these flowers not blooming when you need them. Also talk to them about the best time to cut them/how to cut them (length of stem and such) and if you need to do anything special to the water you put them in prior to taking them to the florist.
    All of this. I planted peonies and they bloomed for the first time this year. In May! But I'm in the south so they probably bloom a bit earlier down here. Anyway, as cut flowers they didn't last long, so definitely get some advice from your florist first before proceeding with this.

• I don't think it would hurt to ask/suggest and I doubt the florist would take it as you being rude.
    Thank you!

• Thanks for the help everyone! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards