Rhode Island
Options

Makeup Artist Recommendations?

Ladies, any recommendations would be great.

I've had two trials already, but isn't 100% happy.
Also, did you guys do HD or airbrush makeup?
Did you like it? Did it provide enough coverage through the whole day?  I have acne blemishes on my skin, and would love it if it can be covered.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Makeup Artist Recommendations?

• Options
    I used SERAi and was very happy with them.  I had alot of trouble getting MUAs to respond to my questions before booking, but SERAi was awesome at responding to emails quickly and answering any questions/concerns I had.  They do airbrushing and it lasted all day without a problem.  I had my arms airbrushed to cover my freckles (they look pink in photos -- no one wants arms that look like hams in their wedding photos) and my MOH had her shoulders airbrushed to cover some scars as well. 

Airbrushed makeup is extremely light and doesn't offer the same degree of coverage as conventional makeup.  I have extremely clear skin, so this worked well for me.  I think conventional makeup does a better job of covering blemishes/scarring, though.
  • Options
    I used SERAi as well and also did the airbrush.  I loved both decisions.  I have some acne scaring that I wanted to hide and the airbrush did just that.  It is light and lasted the whole day. 
  • Options
    EverAferEverAfer member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2014
    Thanks @Ven&Radio and @Molly&Andy

I checked out SERAi about a month ago, but they were already booked on my wedding date. 
    I reached out to a few others including Sara's Glam Squad. We'll see.
  • Options
    I do NOT recommend Sara's Glam Squad.

I was a bridesmaid a few months ago and they were hired to do our hair and make up.  They arrived almost TWO HOURS LATE.  My friend was FREAKING OUT because the girls were incredibly late and no one could reach Sara because she doesn't even live on the east coast anymore!!  We were calling, the bride was calling, even the DOC was blowing up both Sara's cell and the number listed on the website for the salon, and no one answered.

The girls finally showed up and they were late because they went to the WRONG HOTEL.  Sara never bothered to read the updated timeline my friend sent to her listing where we were staying.  She sent her employees to the hotel where my friend and her fiancee (now husband) thought they MIGHT stay freakin eighteen months ago when they first got engaged and were booking vendors.

AND THEN THEY CHARGED FULL PRICE.  The entire day was rushed because we lost two hours of getting ready, family pictures, first look pictures, and they still charged 100% full price and were expecting tips too.

I would seriously go to anyone else in the entire world but not SGS.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @ven&radio and @molly&andy - how was serai in terms of cost? compared with other make up artists?
  • Options
    wow...thanks @mandafly84

Two hours lost on a wedding day is horrible!  I wasn't sure about the whole glam squad thing, but you definitely shifted me to another direction.

• Options
    @ejreidy - I thought they were in the ballpark. They had pricing on their website when I booked a year ago. Total bill for 4 women, including some additional airbrushing and travel, was around $400.i think my share as the bride (makeup, lashes, airbrushed arms, travel) was $175.
  • Options
    I second (or third) the ladies at SERAI. I am working with them this summer. For three bridemaids' hair and makeup plus my mother and I and a trial, my total is going to be around $700.
  • Options
    Did you try Melissa at MAW Beauty her team is great to work with.
  • Options
    @ven&radio thanks so much! definitely appreciate the recommendation!
  • Options
    @KnotPorscha can we get rid of the vendor post above please?  Not only should vendors NOT be posting here, but I'm way more inclined to believe a bridesmaid than a vendor with a spotty reputation.
  • Options
    I used the glammies and sara f and I was super happy!! I contacted Serai too as well as Makeover it was between the three, I decided to go with sara bc she got me in for a trial super fast and I loved the result so I looked no further, as far as the lateness stated above they were on time for all my appointments trial and wedding day, I had a great experience!! I am still getting compliments about how beautiful I looked that day :)
  • Options
    I worked with Bella Beauty Bridal (our of Newport) and they were professional and did a fantastic job.  Best of luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Jan Simone 
    Glen Badessa
    Both do beautiful work, very experienced.
  • Options
    Silly question here: Has anyone tried getting their makeup done at one of the mall beauty counters vs. professional artist for their wedding day? Is there a huge difference? 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards