Snarky Brides

I can't think of anything worse than this...

A "silent bridal shower" aka just mail me your money.image

I... I just... I can't.  No.  

Re: I can't think of anything worse than this...

• Thanks for the laugh.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • WTF? Is this someone you know? Someone who you will never speak to again? Again, WTF?
  • Envelop does not mean what they think it means.

• Thank god it is just something goin' around the internet and not an event I am invited to.  If I knew this person I don't think I would be able to hold my tongue. 
  • Oooohhh!  We can do that?!?!   I'm totally sending everyone I know an invite to my silent shower!  I'm already married and don't have an excuse for any type of shower at the moment (well, except the kind that takes place in my bathroom with water), but I could use some extra cash.  I'm certainly going to make sure I send one to everyone that didn't get me a wedding gift (mainly people not invited to my wedding), because they totally owe me.

• You know what's sad, I once received a similar type of invite but for a non-gala charity "event." So, rather than your tons-o'-cash getting you into a swanky party with good food and booze, they just e-mailed people what looked like a gala invite but the invite was to donate to the charity. 

So I don't know where the idea originated, but I thought it was tacky of the charity and I think it's REALLY tacky of whoever made that non-shower invite! 

• Hated "envelops" too. Stuff like this goes in the trash.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I think you should send an envelope with a note inside that says: "This is a silent card in honor of ____ & _____'s recent nuptials. There is no card and no check. Congratulations to the newlyweds!"
  • I'd send a really obnoxious gift without a receipt. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • And this would go directly into the garbage.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I saw this the other day and thought it must have been a joke. 
  • This deserves a metal chicken randomly launching glitter bombs and the offending couple.
  • Wait, this reminds me of the Emily Post wedding etiquette book... that I was just browsing yesterday. It's the most recent edition, and there's a reader question that says the bride lives far away, but they wanted to have a shower and some people who couldn't attend the wedding wanted to give gifts. 

The answer was that the MOG should host a shower without the bride present, have everyone bring unwrapped gifts and provide gift wrapping supplies, and they should video-chat the bride into the party. How un-Emily Post like does that sound? 

Equally horrible as this gross display of blatant money grabbing! 
  • That is the dumbest thing that I have ever seen!
  • It's really hard for me to get by the hideousness of the "invite." But seriously? I'd throw that nonsense in the garbage.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards