Knottie Tech Help

Changing my TK community name

Hi there, sorry I expect there are probably lots of threads on this already and I have searched for them, but when you try searching for 'name change' etc on here, you get thousands of threads about changing your actual name. 

How can I change my name to something other than Knottie14........etc?

Re: Changing my TK community name

• Hi there, sorry I expect there are probably lots of threads on this already and I have searched for them, but when you try searching for 'name change' etc on here, you get thousands of threads about changing your actual name. 

How can I change my name to something other than Knottie14........etc?
    Hi there!

To change your username, click Account Settings from The Knot homepage. From there, enter the username you'd like in the Username field and click Save at the bottom of the screen. Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Have a great weekend,
    KH
  • Thank you! You too :)
  • @KnotHolly - What about forcing new users to choose their user name?  That's how it used to be.  And then we wouldn't see a million KnottieNumbers roaming the boards all looking alike.  I've never seen a forum default users to a name - seems a bit silly, doesn't it?
  • JoanE2012 said:
    @KnotHolly - What about forcing new users to choose their user name?  That's how it used to be.  And then we wouldn't see a million KnottieNumbers roaming the boards all looking alike.  I've never seen a forum default users to a name - seems a bit silly, doesn't it?
    Hi there,

This is a great suggestion. Prompting new members to change their usernames right away is something we are hoping to implement very soon.

Thanks for your feedback!
    KH

• KnotHolly said:
    JoanE2012 said:
    @KnotHolly - What about forcing new users to choose their user name?  That's how it used to be.  And then we wouldn't see a million KnottieNumbers roaming the boards all looking alike.  I've never seen a forum default users to a name - seems a bit silly, doesn't it?
    Hi there,

This is a great suggestion. Prompting new members to change their usernames right away is something we are hoping to implement very soon.

Thanks for your feedback!
    KH

Don't even prompt them to change their user name.  Instead, make them select a user name right from the get go.  It used to be like that.  I don't know why TK ever changed it.
  • Hi.  I've have been trying over and over to change my name and it doesnt seem to be working.  Is this feature down?
  • Hi.  I've have been trying over and over to change my name and it doesnt seem to be working.  Is this feature down?
    Hi there,

I'm sorry you're having this issue. When did you first try to change it? Sometimes, it can take an hour or so for the change to go through. 
  • I am having the same issue of not being able to change my user name. Each time I try to change it I get a message that the name is invalid but it does not state what is wrong with it. I also cannot change the date for my wedding or other info in the acct setting section.
  • I am having the same issue of not being able to change my user name. Each time I try to change it I get a message that the name is invalid but it does not state what is wrong with it. I also cannot change the date for my wedding or other info in the acct setting section.
    Hi there,

I'm sorry you're having this issue. It could be that the username you are trying to use has already been taken. If you'd like me to change your username for you, please PM me three new options for a new username (in case your first choice is taken) and I'll make that change :)

Also, can you let me know what happens when you try to change your info in the Account Settings section? Please also let me know what device/browser you are using so I can have our team look into this for you. 

Thank you!
    KH
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards