Favors

Cinderella Wedding- Favor Ideas?

We are having a Cinderella themed wedding, and I am stumped on favors.  Everyone keeps suggesting the cheap plastic glass slippers, but I think they are tacky and will end up getting thrown away. Any suggestions?!

Re: Cinderella Wedding- Favor Ideas?

• Favors is where I think many themes need to end. Unless your theme is food. I would either do some type of food or forgo the favors and spend that money upgrading something else for the guests. 
  • We are having a Cinderella themed wedding, and I am stumped on favors.  Everyone keeps suggesting the cheap plastic glass slippers, but I think they are tacky and will end up getting thrown away. Any suggestions?!
    Trust your gut!  Really, what are you guests going to do with a cheap plastic slipper?

If you are going to do favors, go with edible.  Anything else is likely to get thrown out or left behind.  Also, not everything, including favors, has to match your theme.  Too much and it will look like a kid's birthday party, not a wedding.  
  • Is your wedding in the fall? If so, maybe you could have a pumpkin dessert of some sort as a nod to her pumpkin turned carriage. Honestly, even if your wedding wasn't in the fall I would consider it

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Just curious..how does your FI feel about the Cinderella theme?
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Shoe shaped cookies get my vote. Those plastic glass slippers better be filled with candy if you go that route.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • CMGragain said:
    Just curious..how does your FI feel about the Cinderella theme?
    He doesn't mind it at all actually. I thought he would cause a big scene when I told him about it, but since we decided to give up the wedding in Disney that we originally wanted, we both agreed it would be a good way to bring a little Disney back home!
  • hellohkbhellohkb mod
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited June 2015

CMGragain said:

He doesn't mind it at all actually. I thought he would cause a big scene when I told him about it, but since we decided to give up the wedding in Disney that we originally wanted, we both agreed it would be a good way to bring a little Disney back home!
    ___

That's awesome. Men love Disney too! My FH and I got a Mickey and Minnie wedding figurine for the guest book table or cake table to decorate and my bridal party will be walking to I See The Light from Tangled. FH loves it and has been going around telling people were having a Tangled themed wedding (we're not, lol)

• hellohkb said:
    CMGragain said:
    ___ That's awesome. Men love Disney too! My FH and I got a Mickey and Minnie wedding figurine for the guest book table or cake table to decorate and my bridal party will be walking to I See The Light from Tangled. FH loves it and has been going around telling people were having a Tangled themed wedding (we're not, lol)
    I love Disney, too. But FI isn't a super fan. I'm incorporating little Disney touches (bell jars with rolled fabric roses, etc.) here and there and just hoping he won't realize they are Disney inspired, lol. That's a beautiful song to walk down the aisle to!

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I second the cookie idea, you can also make pumpkin cookies (cookies shaped like pumpkin?) it'll give a nice pop of color and will be a less obvious reference to Cinderella.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• hellohkb said:
    CMGragain said:
    ___ That's awesome. Men love Disney too! My FH and I got a Mickey and Minnie wedding figurine for the guest book table or cake table to decorate and my bridal party will be walking to I See The Light from Tangled. FH loves it and has been going around telling people were having a Tangled themed wedding (we're not, lol)
    I love Disney, too. But FI isn't a super fan. I'm incorporating little Disney touches (bell jars with rolled fabric roses, etc.) here and there and just hoping he won't realize they are Disney inspired, lol. That's a beautiful song to walk down the aisle to!
    Thank you!

• Chocolate in the shape of slippers and pumpkins would be cute. I would gladly eat them  :)
  • I would go some kind of pumpkin edible favor, if I was doing it. If you don't want to go edible though, I believe I have seen carriage shaped candles on the knot shop. That would be a cute and very obvious.

• Another vote for decorated cookies

• You evil hags have now made me hungry for pumpkin cookies. Grrrr.

Do that though, I would totally dig the end of night snack.
  • We're having a Disney wedding too! We were able to contact our local chocolate shop, and they were actually able to do a custom mold for us.  We passed on the mold due to the amount of chocolate it actually would be, and did the glass slipper chocolates in dark, milk, and white.

Love the idea of pumpkin cookies!  Are Cookie Tables a thing in your area? If so, definitely do some pumpkin cookies and other themed cookies!

I've also seen chocolate mini-versions of glass slippers put on top of cupcakes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards